C-130 Hercules Amphibious

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Posted this to the Facebook page a week ago.

The more I think about this I figure this is some sort of press release to get the attention and distract the Chinese and Russians.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... -happening

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
TwinOtterFan

Wow, I've seen them on skis before but never floats. Up in Pet they used to put the Chinook on skis as well. Pretty neat.
Colonel

I can just hear the old bush guys: "straight floats!!"

Squaretail

Dumb question: How would you load anything into it? I mean obviously people can probably climb in somehow, but you'd need some sort of special loading ramp on land, and some sort of pontoon bridge rig in the water?
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
David MacRay

AHLD

Amphibious Herc loading dock. Obviously.
Slick Goodlin

Squaretail wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:42 pm
Dumb question: How would you load anything into it? I mean obviously people can probably climb in somehow, but you'd need some sort of special loading ramp on land, and some sort of pontoon bridge rig in the water?
*maybe* it sits low enough in the water that the rear ramp can have a sliding section (like an extension ladder) so the end can dip into the water to launch or recover small boats. I suppose alternatively you could do away with the aft ramp, replacing it with barn doors and an overhead gantry crane to just lift cargo in and out.
Colonel

Obviously an amphibious version of this would be simplest: