Day dreaming about airplanes.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:58 pm
Dam that is a nice looking bird.
True, that’s how it got into my head. A bit more than I hope to spend and I am a fraidy cat about trying to import anything to the country that I used to love.

Also my 14 year old son is 6’1” and growing, he loves BBQ too, so I still feel the need for a bigger plane, at least a four seater I can use as a two seater.

TwinOtterFan

There are so many more options over there it is so tempting. I keep telling myself to stick with a Canadian plane, then I find like 6 nice US ones.
TwinOtterFan

This popped up south of me last week, looks pretty nice.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/bran ... 1567453008
David MacRay

That’s nice. Too bad it’s got steering wheels.
Slick Goodlin

That Chief looks like it’s loved very much. It’s not often you see a cheap-ish old airplane with a panel that hasn’t been hacked to oblivion over the years.
TwinOtterFan

David MacRay wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:55 am
That’s nice. Too bad it’s got steering wheels.
Agreed, that was the only thing I didn't like. There is a super clean Champ down here as well for 30k. it has the upgraded motor and wing tank but it's OM so I shyed away from it. Hence the other thread I had started a while ago.
TwinOtterFan

Found it,

David MacRay

I understand. I definitely should have bought a champ in Manitoba posted about quite a while ago, but who knew. It was $15,000 US. At the time I only had around one single stressful hour in a 172 converted to conventional gear. I nearly didn’t try again. It was on gravel with a crosswind, savage. I was somewhat convinced I should stick with tricycles. So I did not persue the Champ. I see that one was as inexpensive as I thought.

I’m convinced everything including that happens for a reason so I’m hoping another might find me. Like Slick says, there are some good deals on occasion, sometimes you need to be patient
TwinOtterFan

Definitely agree, I was scouring the internet for a plane now I have decided to just sit back and see what happens. funny enough one that I have been watching for quite a while just had it's price lowered and I've noticed a couple others come down in price as well. Maybe this market is at starting cooling off?

It was all for the better anyway, school's are closed, can't find daycare so I am down to flying maybe 1 or 2 hours a week as I try to study and home school the toddler, the wife got called back to the base so that is tough enough. If I had the plane now it would just be sitting. I will sit back and watch something will pop up that is right.
David MacRay

I hope it cools off. I’m shocked it’s still climbing. Prices coming down seems to be lagging in my opinion.

Actually I would rather the economy recover but I don’t think that will happen for a while. I believe price corrections are coming. No idea when.