Aircraft Appraiser

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
The Dread Pilot Roberts

Anyone here an aircraft appraiser? I'm interested in becoming one as a side hustle.
I'm having trouble finding a definitive source that spells out the qualifications of an aircraft appraiser. I mean I can take a look at your plane and have a pretty good idea its market value but if say a bank wanted to know how much a plane was worth before giving a loan I would imagine they would want some sort of blessing other than my awesome knowledge of every airplane on controller or trade a plane.

Big Pistons Forever

The National Aircraft Appraisal Association would be a good place to start
digits

You want to get paid to print out a Vref report? :mrgreen:
The Dread Pilot Roberts

Those Vref reports can be works of pure bullshit that's why you get morons asking 160K for a Piper Arrow. I mean go for it! if someone buys it then I guess that is the market but some owners are living in a fantasy world.

But if I can get paid to help them dream then sure! :lol:
Nark

I talked to a broker about a 310 a little while ago. He said “it’s priced at what vref says.” No it isn’t.

Vref has been off by a large stretch.
But, asking price and sale price isn’t always the same.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com