Stumbled on to this today -

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid_Charlie

This was shot in 1947 with the Saskatchewan Air Ambulance Service. This service is the first civilian medevac operation in North America, and it is believed to only be preceded worldwide by the Australian Flying Doctor Service which originated in the 1920's to serve a low population density area with large distances between health care facilities.

Check out about 15 minute mark - it looks like he hit a rock starting his t/o -- lol

I also saw this today as a filler on a TV stream Canada Film Board production

I flew the sister ship shown in the first video - CF-SAN which came from the sask gov and after I flew it the aircraft resurfaced in YK and is now owned by Buffalo Joe - damn such a small world sometimes.

"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
JW Scud

I stumbled on this today:

Unfortunately, it starts part way in and I don't know how to make it automatically go to the beginning. Watch the whole video.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

That’s the entire movie I think.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
The Dread Pilot Roberts

Liquid_Charlie wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:09 pm
This was shot in 1947 with the Saskatchewan Air Ambulance Service. This service is the first civilian medevac operation in North America, and it is believed to only be preceded worldwide by the Australian Flying Doctor Service which originated in the 1920's to serve a low population density area with large distances between health care facilities.

Check out about 15 minute mark - it looks like he hit a rock starting his t/o -- lol

I also saw this today as a filler on a TV stream Canada Film Board production

I flew the sister ship shown in the first video - CF-SAN which came from the sask gov and after I flew it the aircraft resurfaced in YK and is now owned by Buffalo Joe - damn such a small world sometimes.
Dam a Fairchild Husky !

Not sure if it’s the amazing acting or just the Saskatchewan accents but that was entertaining.
Liquid_Charlie

Dam a Fairchild Husky !
Indeed - I can remember when Barney Lamm started to get together with Anderson Airways from Vancouver (their CV44 days) to re-engine the husky. One was even delivered to Gimli but it was never followed through. Great design at the time it just needed not snot. It was almost as bad as a SeaBee -- LMFAOOooooo

Chuck Ellsworth

Even though the Sea Bee was under powered it was still a really neat airplane.

When I was learning to fly I worked for a guy who owned one and got around four hundred hours on it over the years and I loved the thing.

Another neat machine was the Globe / Temco Swift.

Slick Goodlin

I wanna start dressing like this guy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Hey save some tail for the rest of us there bud.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Slick Goodlin

Scudrunner wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:15 am
Hey save some tail for the rest of us there bud.
There’s none left after sunglasses dude there. Check out all the ribbons he’s wearing under his wings, he’s probably earned it anyways.

Gotta admit that’s a hell of a getup for a Norseman driver...
Liquid_Charlie

Another jewel - My first reaction was WTF - followed by "O MY"

[flash=][/flash]