The age factor.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
John Swallow

Just to set the fox among the chickens, I wonder if TC would sent me a sticker for my expired Class 2? Probably expired back in '72 also.

I wonder if they'd get upset if I kept referring to AMOL instead of whatever it's called now...?

:roll:

“. i have ave zero interest in 700 operator insurance.”

I think I failed to make the point clear. It was that 700 operators had blanket clauses that did not have age restrictions. They are now getting age clauses showing up in their renewals.
This was not about your interest in 700 operators, but rather to point out that insurance is changing.

Not sure how long ago you had anything to do with aviation insurance underwriting, but virtually all aviation insurance is either insured, or reinsured through Lloyds.

My pondering of your many avenues of interest was with regard to the time available, to build a plane, teach float flying, and do this new venture. As well as enjoy your retirement, especially since you just posted you would retire earlier if you had a doover.
Colonel

I wonder if TC would sent me a sticker for my expired Class 2?
Oh yeah. Let me know if I can help. And I lied, it was 1973 not 1972.

They say memory is the second thing to go. I can't remember the first.

Funny thing, though. Pilots always remember their instructors. But not
the other way 'round. I have people contact me that say they flew with
me in the past, and honest to god, I don't remember them. I have to
search my gmail for clues.
Chuck Ellsworth

Not sure how long ago you had anything to do with aviation insurance underwriting, but virtually all aviation insurance is either insured, or reinsured through Lloyds.
See my original comment below.

My work with the underwriter was to evaluate the risk for the insurer by flying with a given pilot to determine said pilots level of flying skills and decision making ability.

Before being hired for the job I was invited to Lloyds of London for an interview, the building is huge and harder than fort knox to get into without a clearance. I am confident that the process has not changed since I worked for them.

Seeing as you are giving me advice have you been invited into their main office in London?
Thanks, however having worked directly for Lloyds of London underwriters I am quite familiar with the process

My comments regarding insurance changes were intended to be helpful.
I had no idea about your expertise in aviation insurance underwriting, that you had actually “worked” for a syndicate underwriter, or that you would consider a helpful suggestion such an a-front.

Your claim of having actually worked for Lloyds is in dispute.
Chuck Ellsworth

Your claim of having actually worked for Lloyds is in dispute.
You are calling me a liar on this forum?

I use my real name here and you are truly out of line for that comment and I am requesting an apology.

The only verification of your claim, is....your claim.

And you appear not to really understand how Lloyds works.

Verify your claim, and I will apologize for doubting you.Publically.

Date or period worked. Name of the underwriter & group. I can verify from there.
You will have received compensation typically, from the underwriting group, so this should be easy to determine.

Due to time changes and exactly how far back they need to search, with staff shortages right now, once you provide the verification, it may take two or three business days to confirm.
Liquid_Charlie

Chuck it seems one of your fan club is stirring shit but no cojones to come out of the closet - I post under an alias but have no issues for anyone to ask me who or where I am -- anyone who lives in a brick house should not throw glasses. :mrgreen: no one likes a sucker puncher.

I like the idea of a "guest" being able to post but is there a way that if a guest does post his IP address shows up in the header or even better an email link after they supply an address for 24 hour member privileges while being a guest and not registered. I understand it will not ID him or her for various reasons but it seems to give people reason for pause if they don't really understand the way the internet works.

Guest posting could be abused and it would be sad to see it turned off.
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"

Let me see if I understand the situation.
1. I offered a simple piece of advice to check if any insurance issues came up because of age.
2. A poster came on here, and was of the opinion that they did not need that advice because they had worked for Lloyds of London....note: worked.
3. I challenged that claim. Not calling anyone a liar as was claimed, but asking for verification other than ‘I said So”
4.Now I have been attacked for lacking cajones! Should be outed. Abusing the Guest privilege

You win. i wont post again.. just keep drinking the kool aid