ECG

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
vanNostrum

3.7 Routine electro-cardiography shall form part of the heart examination of an applicant
    (b) subsequently within the four years preceding the examination.

Does anyone knows:
If the ECG is three and a half yrs old  at the time of examination
is a Cat 3 medical valid for the full period or only for 6 months [time left on ECG]

David MacRay

I bet it's up to your doctor and Transport but I know I went a lot longer than I expected. I asked about it and my doctor explained, "The exam needed to be within the period."

If Someone at Transport disagrees they will just tell you to get an ECG and submit it.

If you are worried your heart is bad it probably isn't, ask your doctor to take a real good listen, if he/she is concerned, you could get one right away so they can help you get better. I know it's easy to get paranoid about the whole thing. Trust me.

I'm trying to decide if I want to just go fly and play dumb or phone them, short version I phoned Transport Canada to confess I was getting retina surgery, they made a fuss but after I had the opthamologist send in a report they never got back to me. I don't know if I got my medical back or not. I wanted to be honest about everything instead of them finding out and then being goofs about it. Now I regret talking to them. After I made an effort to reach out they can't even make an effort to do their jobs and get back to me to say, "We reviewed everything and you're back to normal."
Or, "Sorry we want to send you for a medical." Or, "We're going to ground you for fun." Or anything.

I bet your heart is fine. Otherwise your CAME would say. "You don't need one yet but let's do one so I can check up on it." Maybe your CAME will want you to get one just so TC doesn't get weird but from my experience, you can save the fee because it's "have an ECG within the period preceding the exam."

Sorry to ramble.

I'm at the physical age where I feel like I should be getting them more often than I do, I think I just switched to more frequent than 4 years.

Yup, I'm mentally a little kid. I can't even believe my body is a grown up let alone it's actual age.
David MacRay

Oh, I just thought of something else The Colenel will love this story.

I was happy after getting my last medical because I'm feeling some effects of just over a half decade of abusing a human body. Go on Facebook and post. "I guess I'm healthy. Just got my medical."

A buddy on there who was my main instructor when I was goofing off to eventually get a PPL comments, "Don't think you're healthy just because of that Dave. I had a heart attack a couple of months after getting my Cat 1."

Really?  >:( I'm happy and that's the first thing you need to tell me?

I didn't bitch on there because text can be miss construed and he has not seen me for years after moving to Canada, you know Markham Ontario. Here is the best part and why I mention The Colonel. That ray of sunshine works for TC.  :P
Colonel

One of the first things you need to learn is that the paper
world and the real world are often amazingly decoupled.

For example, just because someone has a pilot’s
license, doesn’t mean they can fly an airplane.  And
just because someone doesn’t have a pilot’s licence,
doesn’t mean they aren’t a superb pilot.

Just because someone has a medical, doesn’t mean
they are healthy.  And just because someone has been
denied a medical, doesn’t mean they aren’t in superb
health.

Just because and aircraft has an annual signed off,
doesn’t make it safe.  And just because it’s out of
annual, doesn’t make it unsafe.

I could do this all day.

And I’m not trying to be nasty.  It’s just that if you don’t
learn this fairly early on, you’re not going to live very long.

Now, I know that some people are unconcerned with
their continued existence - what I call safety - and they
don’t be have to ever learn this.
vanNostrum

Have you recovered from the surgery?
Is your vision back to normal?
Is the eye Dr happy with the result?
If so, just go flying

Chuck Ellsworth

If you don't faint when you toss yourself off you can fly safely.
David MacRay

[quote author=vanNostrum link=topic=9502.msg26850#msg26850 date=1551114200]
Have you recovered from the surgery?
Is your vision back to normal?
Is the eye Dr happy with the result?
If so, just go flying
[/quote]
Yes
Mostly
Seemed to be.
Probably one day.