Electric motors

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

Ok, back to excited Dave who thinks he wants an electric light single.

This video shows the Pipstral, a unit built by Siemens and the slick Airbus e-fan.

I bet I could get going for well under a million Canuck bucks. Lawyers would never let me sell my wife's house though.

Slick Goodlin

[quote author=David MacRay link=topic=9635.msg27622#msg27622 date=1554901460]
Ok, back to excited Dave who thinks he wants an electric light single
[/quote]
Me too, though I'd be happy with an electric ultralight.  I figure with a solar array on the roof of the hangar I could charge up for zero dollars and cruise around for an hour a couple evenings a week.  Yes, there's a higher cost of entry but I'd also get to be that weirdo with the electric plane and you can't put a price on being a weirdo.
David MacRay

I save tons of money being a weirdo. Check out those Pipstral units. They might be ultra lights.

I'm surprised electric motor and battery/controller kits are not taking off with the EAA guys yet. I have not looked into them lately but there were some pretty cool kits for converting cars available.

See what I did there?