Air Georgian

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Trey Kule

So I am bombarded with ads on another site with AG proudly advertising that they employ over twice the industry average of female pilots.

It seems to me that a company should be advertising that they hire the most experienced and qualified pilots in the industry....regardless of gender.

Honestly, if your hiring criteria is gender based rather than performance based, I can see that eventually affecting not only safety , but having a huge effect on morale.

And, I have to wonder if a company proudly proclaimed that their pilot workforce was 97% male,( above the industry ratio of 94%), the howling and screams of discrimination that would follow

Fendermandan

Its all good. Women are a lot less likely to do stupid shit.
Colonel

Canada is such a silly place, where such nonsense is considered real.

[img width=500 height=333]https://i.redd.it/kdjjlquk5g101.jpg[/img]

When does Manitoba officially get it's name changed?
Slick Goodlin

Georgian at this point is grasping at straws to put butts in seats.  I look forward to whatever their next ad says.
Chris

All I can say is that I love AdBlock. I think I'm going to start referring to the other site as AdCanada.
Liquid Charlie

They have a systemic problem - greed has taken over and most of the posts are just getting to the point absurdity. If it's all about the money then just state that it's a commercial venture and don't pretend you are doing it just to the benefit of the aviation community. Call a spade a fucking shovel - I am finding recently there is actually more appropriate content here (not in total posts) but separate the chaff and more content here.
David MacRay

My eye seems to be on track for full recovery. I can bring back the chaff and silly questions soon.

Maybe the ad about all the female pilots is a desperate attempt to draw male pilots. I know I'd be easily swayed by that and really good crew meals.