Peter Sripol

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

My vision for these forums is to talk about things like him and his projects. I doubt it has much range but it looks great.

I want to be like him but for some reason I never get around to it.

vanNostrum

A pair of these should do it

[img alt=03.jpg]http://www.pbsaerospace.com/getattachme ... ?width=800[/img]
David MacRay

He mentions another guy who mounted those on something. I think it was at Airventure but might have been at an event called flight fest.
Slick Goodlin

Peter does cool stuff but it’s worth remembering everything he makes is destined to have a lifespan of two or three videos before he moves on to the next project.
Colonel

Compared to Porkchops, he's Francis Ford Coppola, Kubrick, Spielberg and Scorsese wrapped into one.

Reminds me.  When I was briefly in Canada this year, someone at the airport told me what a hero
Porkchops was, and I burst out laughing.

His feelings were really hurt.  He honestly idolized Porkchops, and it revolted him to find someone
that didn't think Porkchops was necessarily the answer to a maiden's aviation prayer.

I don't give a flying fuck at a donut, but it's interesting to see the effects of groupthink, and the
complete intolerance and hostility towards even slightly differing opinion these days.  It's odd how
fairly normal-looking people quickly conclude you are [b]Satan[/b] if you don't completely agree with
them on every tiny detail of their world view.
David MacRay

"Canada" sounds dreadful.

[quote author=Slick Goodlin link=topic=9065.msg24832#msg24832 date=1537664965]
Peter does cool stuff but it’s worth remembering everything he makes is destined to have a lifespan of two or three videos before he moves on to the next project.
[/quote]

I didn't even make the connection to him being the guy who made the remote control model plane with KFC bucket wings to demonstrate Magnus effect.
Connor

I am a Canadian and I can't stand Flightchops. I really don't understand how other people can either. It saddens me that when the next generation of young  people getting into aviation  search for Saunders Seafury videos on youtube  they are going to be introduced to such aviation excellence by this fool. A guy that has an aviation channel and openly admits that it  has  taken him 3 years and he still hasn't completed an instrument rating. I guess this is the future....

Colonel

[quote]the remote control model plane with KFC bucket wings[/quote]

You had me at KFC.  You know George Costanza (Jason Alexander from
Seinfeld) is the new me?

[quote]I am a Canadian and I can't stand Flightchops[/quote]

Next time you're in Norcal, you get a free Pitts ride.
Slick Goodlin

To Flightchops’ credit, he’s emotrating that any old tool can do it.  I know a bunch of well-accomplished people who never took up flying because they assumed it was much harder than it is.

You wanna see a cool Youtuber?  Check out Colin Furze.
David MacRay

Plus he has flown a Chipmunk so I don't want to brag but even if his mellow dramatics is bad I'm going to guess he's a better pilot than me. :(

I love Colin Fruze. That guys home made mobility scooter modifications kicks ass!