T.C. Medical.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

How long does it take for T.C. to verify your medical?

Trey Kule

Not sure what you mean by verify. 
Chuck Ellsworth

[code]Not sure what you mean by verify. [/code]

It has been many years since I have done a T.C. medical as I worked off shore on my FAA license and did my medicals in Europe.

I paid for my T.C. medical and jumped through all the hoops with extra tests I never had to do before, the Doctor who examined me did not find anything wrong with the results. ( Or if he did he did not tell me. )

To be able to fly in Canada again I need to get a new license booklet, ( that thing that looks like a Passport )

Which I could not find, however my wife found it mixed in with my old passports so I took it to the Doctors office this morning to get it signed.

The receptionist took the license and told me to have a seat.

Twenty minutes later she gave it back to me unsigned and told me it the medical had to be checked and approved by T.C.

The medical was done about a month ago so I was wondering how long it will take for T.C. to give me the results so I can either forget flying or use the damned thing.
Colonel

Even if the doctors signs your medical as valid, that
doesn't mean anything.

A guy doing type ratings in Canada had his medical
signed off.  Months later, TC got back to him and said
sorry, no category 1 medical for you, just a category 3.

Unfortunately it meant that all the type ratings he
had done after his medical were invalid.  Fuck you,
TC said to the guys who thought they had type ratings,
you were flying without a valid type rating, and you
need to get a type rating again from someone else.

I was asked to try to help, but I explained that TC
wasn't looking for any help from me.
Chuck Ellsworth

Am I to understand that you are at the whim of some bureaucrat at T.C. to decide when you can go to work after you get your medical?

I have had T.C. medicals ever since 1953 and was never down graded from a Class 1 medical.

I get very in depth medicals every year from my family doctor and there has been no change in the results all the medicals have shown no change in my health.

If there has been a change found in this last medical how long will they keep this information from me?

Has it come to the place in Canada where we can not trust the family doctors and T.C. approved doctors?

Colonel

I know another guy, retired AC, he had a category one
medical, doctor signed, months later TC sent him a letter
saying he had no medical whatsoever.
Chuck Ellsworth

[code]I know another guy, retired AC, he had a category onemedical, doctor signed, months later TC sent him a letter saying he had no medical whatsoever.[/code]

Based on what?

Did he just roll over and allow them to deny him his license without knowing the reason why it was cancelled?

Colonel

I think they didn't like some wiggle on his ECG?

Last I heard he had cancer, which probably cheered TC up.