Forced landing on 36st YYC April 2018 - We got Video of it!

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

ScudRunner-d95

I don't know what caused this accident and I should wait for the report but seeing as no one is hurt, Ill say this has a certain Keystone in YWG smell to it.

That being said YXH to YYC fuel starvation..... 1 hour flight with six people in a ho.

Can't help but speculate with the shortage of 100LL with the plant closure I wonder if they tried to land as near empty as possible and tanker cheaper fuel out of yyc.
David MacRay

Did you go take a look? Nice job slipping it under the lights and only hitting one post.

I went afternoon, it was interesting to see. I took the wife past for a look later and they towed it off the street.
ScudRunner-d95

I found video!

[facebook][/facebook]
ScudRunner-d95

Nah I didn't bother.  Although I would like a free muffin, zoom in on the things on the ground under the ho

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trey Kule

The first thing that came to my mind as well, was the keystone ...Winnipeg accident.

I simply can not think of another reason for a Navajo to have a double engine failure...but maybe we will be surprised.

In the meantime I am going to hold off on the kudos to the pilot.. i recall the keystone pilot being called a hero.....until the truth came out,  though , to be fair, whatever the circumstances it was a good and lucky piece of work.
David MacRay

I didn't yell out but I think the muffins were bags of fuel absorbent materiel the fire fighters put under there in case there was any to spill.

Those guys have SOPs too.
ScudRunner-d95

I still want a free muffin

dirtdr

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=8336.msg23042#msg23042 date=1524710715]
I found video!

[/quote]

holey shit!

Plunk
Trey Kule

I am so interested in this.  Fuel starvation would have meant they departed with about 40 gals on board. Never looked at the guages, or thought about maybe a closer airport or a return.  Maybe the fuel guages inop? Or frozen fuel selectors, but they had to be on the mains for to and land so not much need to switch tanks.  I have never known a pilot that incompetent.
But darned if I can think what else would cause a dual failure.
Fuel pump should not have been an issue as there are backups, and they only affect the individual engine.

It will be interesting to find out.