Aviation Heroes for today’s kids

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chris

Pete McLeod (went to school with his cousin. Go me?) and Chris Hadfield are definitely on the list for me, but also people like my local grass strip owner who will talk airplanes with anyone who visits and give a ride to anyone who asks.

TundraTire

My heroes were the guys flying 10 days a month, making $300K+ a year, and supporting three ex-wives while chasing the skirts.
mcrit

[quote author=TundraTire link=topic=7942.msg22043#msg22043 date=1518747963]
My heroes were the guys flying 10 days a month, making $300K+ a year, and supporting three ex-wives while chasing the skirts.
[/quote]

Who says we are lacking in role models....... ;D
Colonel

FernV was Bob Hoover's generation.  In fact I
think of him as Canada's Bob Hoover, without
the PR.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fern_Villeneuve]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fern_Villeneuve[/url]

While I am a great admirer of his accomplishments
and longevity and it is a pity few people have heard
of him, I'm not sure how easily snowflakes would
relate to a 90-year old.

This is pretty exalted company, he keeps:

[quote]In 1997 he became one of two living people to have their image on Canadian coins, the other being the Queen.[/quote]
JW Scud

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=7942.msg22030#msg22030 date=1518707395]
My grandfathers must be laughing their asses off, in their graves,
and I keep my distance from the People's Republic of Canada.

[/quote]

Interesting article but my god man......you are in the SFO bay area. If you ever mention a tenth of what you do here, you be sent back to your home country faster than an illegal mass murdering Mexican. You are probably worshipped there when you say EH, and told how wonderful your PM is. And what can you do but hesitantly nod in agreement. The high tech companies are the center of leftyism in the Golden State. If you dare support that Google engineer who posted that memo, you will be talking to ICE agents. Texas may be better. They have lots of aircraft too.

By the way, did the ex's(and their greedy lawyers) get much or did you outsmart them?
Colonel

Texas has [i]no state income tax[/i] - just federal income tax,
which went down recently, due to the actions of someone that
the overwhelming majority of Canadians hate quite intensely
and irrationally.

I rather like Texas, if you don't mind the heat and the occasional
severe storm.  I have no problem with the people there, that
intolerant Canadians seem to hate so much.

I keep telling Canadians to try SXSW, if they can get over their
hatred of and intolerance towards people different from themselves,
that they don't actually have any experience with.
Hankhenry

Damn, guys I really enjoy your posts, especially about Justin and the nonsense in our society today. It would make the real heros turn over in their graves. I don't agree with the current take on what is a hero today, and I doubt that they did. A hero is someone who despite the dangers acts in a courageous manner to aid someone in trouble. For my fathers's generation it was the outbreak of WW 2. All of his high-school grad class
went, only half came back. It is the adversity in life which creates heros, and today we don't have much real adversity. Most of our "adversity" is fabricated by the MSM. Role models and leaders are fine but we don't
have many heros except when a real situation arises such as Sully putting the airliner down in the Hudson, or the guys who landed the Gimili Glider.