Moose V Beech 1900

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

Spoiler Alert, The moose lost

Caution graphic image

[img width=500 height=375]http://frontpage.scudrunners.com/wp-con ... mage1.jpeg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://frontpage.scudrunners.com/wp-con ... mage2.jpeg[/img]

David MacRay

That poor bugger is shredded. I had always expected that outcome to an animal being hit by a prop, until I saw a photo of a bovine cow that was killed by prop strike from a 172 in flight once. It was just bent.

Has anyone else ever seen a Mo Baile slide show. He was a TC accident investigator who used to do talks with a power point presentation in Alberta. They were very good and quite amusing.

I think my two favorite stories were.

After showing us pictures of airplanes and telling us stories for a while, he brings up a picture of a cow and asks if anyone knows what the diagonal line is between the camera and the cow. Someone says, "A wing strut of a C-172?" Then Mo says, "That is correct." And tells us it took a while to get the guy to explain what happened, but the picture was taken while he was participating in a challenge to see, "Who could get the closest picture of a cow from a flying airplane." Mo told us, "This guy won, just before he hit another cow."

Second was a guy who couldn't take off from YYC. He was nicely centered on the runway, in fact he hit the concrete survey marker after he ran off the end. He loaded a Cherokee full, with pop, snacks and meat to fly to his family cabin. They asked if he thought he was over gross, he answered, "Yeah, maybe a hundred pounds or so."  Then they loaded his stuff on a flat bed truck. He had something like 1700 pounds of goodies. Plus himself...
BCPilotguy

[quote author=David MacRay link=topic=7735.msg21502#msg21502 date=1515077270]
Second was a guy who couldn't take off from YYC. He was nicely centered on the runway, in fact he hit the concrete survey marker after he ran off the end. He loaded a Cherokee full, with pop, snacks and meat to fly to his family cabin. They asked if he thought he was over gross, he answered, "Yeah, maybe a hundred pounds or so."  Then they loaded his stuff on a flat bed truck. He had something like 1700 pounds of goodies. Plus himself...
[/quote]

I'd like to know how the hell he got 1700lbs of anything that wasn't lead ingots inside a Cherokee, they aren't what you would call capacious. I've put 800 lbs of lard in mine and there isn't much room for anything else.
David MacRay

How many flats of pop have you had in yours? This might help imagine how over filled he got the cabin of his plane. After the load shifted he had to crawl to the back and exit the cargo door because the people door was buried in pop cans etc..

Also this was a long time ago. Maybe it was only 1200 pounds.