GO FUND ME: online begging.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Nark1

I can't wait to tell the offspring "You can go to any school you want!"

I'll drive you to the local recruiting station.

Colonel

Today's Fun Fact

Offspring of MoH winners can go to any academy they like.
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=John Swallow link=topic=7491.msg20618#msg20618 date=1510935796]
"Why the two should be treated differently?"

I think most folks think it's the same as having your parents spring for your university/college education or you soliciting via the 'Go Fund Me" route.

The former is what's expected in raising children while the latter is -  well - begging.
[/quote]

They are both begging. Expecting Mommy and Daddy to drop 60 large so little Johnny can "try this flying thing out" while living in his parents basement and having Mommy wash his jock, it is the same thing alright.

I was on my own at 18 and paying every dime. Built a very successful business too without any money or postsecondary education. Couldn't afford it.

That's the standard, to me.

Chuck Ellsworth

I funded my flying training by working for it.

The most valuable work I did was working in a hangar as a airplane mechanic helper.

That turned int the realisation I far preferred fixing airplanes to flying them.

Also I found out that there is a big difference between fixing and flying.

Almost anyone can fly them, but fixing them requires a lot more knowledge and one must actually be able to " work "

In other words the two skills are worlds apart almost anyone can learn to fly them but not everyone can fix them.
Rookie Pilot

Shiny,

Almost as bad as when I pay for a service, leeches constantly want free advice from me on what to invest in.

Fuck off.
Colonel

[quote]The amount of guys I've run into over the years who've expected me to "give them some hours" out of the goodness of my heart have been legion.[/quote]

No kidding.  Some people get really bent out of shape when
they don't get my expertise for free.

I don't really understand that sense of entitlement.
Rookie Pilot

I'm also told by many,  like on the other blog seeking career advice  "I've run a business, done just what you have".  Right.

Are you still in business? What happened?  No response.

News flash. Managing a business is not owning and running a business. 

The standard is:  Founding, starting, expanding, and operating a business to financial independence, successfully  over many, many years. Without any help, or capital,  from Mommy and Daddy.  Or anyone else.

Do that, great. Otherwise, don't tell anyone you know anything really about business. Just STFU.

And don't flash an ATPL at me -- (complexintentions) -- like that means you know anything at all. Follow the magenta line.

Most people couldn't even run a single stall toilet without becoming covered in shit.
John Swallow

Shiny:
Not to worry:  lots of folks on the defensive here.  Must be "Ti Richard" syndrome, or summat...  (;>0)