Sabre & Hinton

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

[youtube][/youtube]

Fun to watch the slats go in and out.  Smooth stick.

I look forward to watching anyone with the last name
"Hinton" or "Mason" fly.  It's always a pleasure seeing
a master at work.

David MacRay

I love the F-86. It's my favorite classic fighter jet.

I like the chase plane too, 16s and 18s are my favorites of their era, though I like 15s and the warthog quite a bit now.

An A-10 would certainly make a fine toy for billionaire Dave.
Connor

Ive just been on here observing and reading but this video brought back a memory of watching Steve Hinton do a big slow role right over stage center at Reno in the P-38 Glacier Girl. It was the most beautiful and graceful thing I've seen and it was a pretty memorable couple days. Watched CJ Stephens bring back Argonaut with a blown engine and John Penny resolve a landing gear issue at the end of the sunday gold race.
ScudRunner-d95

beauty find of a vid,
John Swallow

It was a delight to fly. 
Four Bars

What is truly amazing and carefully orchestrated is how he barely moves the flight controls and throttle at all.
While there's no doubt that he's almost constantly loading and unloading the airframe and varying the thrust while doing so, the rate at which he is changing the stresses on the structure and engine are measured, slow and smooth.
To me, that is the mark of a true airman. My interest in aerobatics lies more with the smooth and fluid drivers than the bank and yank artistes...
Colonel

[quote]he barely moves the flight controls and throttle at all[/quote]

A master.
Connor

is a master and earned his way.
Colonel

Most of you have probably already seen this, but:

Four Bars

Years ago,there was a helmet-cam video done during a MVFR day, from a Sabre  doing an aerobatic display at the CNE.
I think that it was on the now-defunct AirShow Buzz website.
Skimming into the bottom of the clouds while inverted at the tops of the reversals, the sound of the engine moaning away and the constantly-changing sound of the air rushing by as the aircraft accelerates and decelerates all added up to quite the experience.
Maybe someone has it archived...