One of my finest moments on Avcanada.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Eric Janson

[quote author=Nark link=topic=7336.msg20093#msg20093 date=1508914133]
A few things:

First, I'm not in anyway shape or form defending the sky- Gods Air Canada employ's.  The Airbus audio control panel is ass backwards and its extremely easy to off tune primary frequency, from the "otherside." ie, I can control (tune and switch) both radio's from the non flying seat. I have done this at inopportune times. (arriving to ORD, talking to approach.[/quote]

I agree - easy to do. I've done it as well.

I try to avoid having the SEL light on if possible. If I'm in the right seat I'll reach over to tune VHF #1 from RMP #1. Normally during flight the left seat Pilot tunes VHF #1 as a courtesy.

There seems to be an issue at AC where the crews may have a lot of hours [b]but not on Type[/b] - A320 fleet is a junior position if I understand correctly.

Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=7336.msg20090#msg20090 date=1508905948]
I guess US ATC expects pilots to perform at a slighter higher level than what AC routinely displays at SFO.
[/quote]
I only bring it up because it's been a shit show every time I've been involved with multiple airplanes cleared to land.  Maybe it works better with IFR traffic?  I'm just used to the three ahead of me getting lost and having to be re-sequenced multiple times.  Seems to me like that defeats the whole purpose.

[font=Verdana][/font][quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=7336.msg20090#msg20090 date=1508905948]Sorry[/quote][font=Verdana]
So not fully Americanized yet, eh?