Parachute landing assist?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

The thumbnail for this video made me chuckle inside.

Slick Goodlin

Yes, the plane is written off and having it picked apart on YouTube is probably embarrassing to say the least but the guy on board survived so that's something.

Having said that, did he seriously deploy a BRS from a motor glider directly over an airport?
ScudRunner-d95

Was think the same thing, why didn't he just shutter down and glide to the big airport with the Learn to fly sign. Oh well easy to second guess sitting on my couch, torque  them prop bolts ?
David MacRay

It was after they dug trenches to prevent people from using those runways so maybe the parachute saved him from landing and getting seriously hurt or worse.

I just hate seeing Pipstrel advertise is as a "successful landing" instead of what it was. The public can start thinking it's normal to pull a chute when you want to land.

I could see it going so far that someone might pull the handle on a fam flight or lesson. Stranger things have happened.