Those that talk, and those that do, great job DirtDR

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
John Swallow

Don't think I'll take the RV-7A in there!    (;>0)

Strega

@ dirt

What do you mean the SV ?

dirtdr

Synthetic Vision
Chuck Ellsworth

I wonder if Rockie has A.D.D. or is he just being unreasonable and pretending to not be able to read?

He is back ripping me about unstable approaches again.

I clearly said there is a big difference between a Cessna 310 and a heavy jet.

I will ignore him on Avcanada because I said I will, but it is fair game to comment about his never missing a chance to disagree with anything I say over here.  :)

Of course he reads this site so maybe he will sign up and let us know if he has A.D.D. or if he fell out of his jet and landed on his head.
Nark1

I was doing a multi-IFR ride in a Duchess in San Diego a few years ago.
The examiner yelled at me to "lower the fucking gear!!!" Durin a single engine ILS (somewhere inside the marker, but still IMC)

On the ground he tore me a new asshole saying "you should be stabilized at the market while single engine!!!"  That's how we do it in the Global Express!  That's how I want to see it done!"

Flipping open the POH, it specifically states "lower the gear only when landing is assured during single engine approach."

Well, a Global Express isn't a BE76.  An A320 isn't a C310
dirtdr

Sounds opposite to my instructor.

DIfferent points of view are usually good if you can pick out the good info from the bad
dirtdr

I was out last night for another 4 hours of air time.

I can't get my autopilot to lock onto an ILS signal. Heading and gpss modes are rock solid.

I am running the original ARC400 autopilot. Garmin just announced a new standalone digital autopilot for light twins. That's is definately on my wish list to complete the avionics package. But that's a couple years away before it's certified for my type (and when I can afford it)

It will pick up a VOR signal, but very low sensitivity. I am going try to adjust that tonite.

99.9% of the time, a RNAV approach works for me as I try not to fly into conditions low enough to require an ILS. But apparently it can happen so I will have to either get that fixed up. Or practice more...

dirtdr

In case anyone is interested, Here is snippets of my communications with ACT on the way in:

And the Flightaware track:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CGKF ... /CYCQ/CZVL
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]I was doing a multi-IFR ride in a Duchess in San Diego a few years ago. The examiner yelled at me to "lower the fucking gear!!!" Durin a single engine ILS (somewhere inside the marker, but still IMC) [/quote][font=Verdana]

There is absolutely no reason for any instructor to yell at anyone he/she is instructing.

I would have reconfigured to a two engine approach and landed and fired the instructor.
[/font][quote]On the ground he tore me a new asshole saying "you should be stabilized at the market while single engine!!!"  That's how we do it in the Global Express!  That's how I want to see it done!"[/quote][font=Verdana]

Seeing it was a male instructor I would have told him he was an insufferable asshole. [/font]
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=6874.msg18668#msg18668 date=1502475892]
WTF is wrong with my last post?
[/quote]
I don't know why it happens, but the formatting here gets screwed up sometimes.  Click on "Modify" above the one you want to change then when that window opens highlight your whole post regardless of how small the text is and then click the "Remove Formatting" button above the editing box.  It's second from the right, a little picture of a fancy A being made into a normal A.