Heli Bacon!!

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

[url=https://www.helibacon.com/]https://www.helibacon.com/[/url]

Another reason to move to Texas

[youtube][/youtube]

Nark1

It's more exciting when they shoot back! 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ScudRunner-d95

I wish I had signed up when I was younger, I'll live vicariously through you for now.
Big Ears Teddy

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=6441.msg17066#msg17066 date=1496951501]

I wish I had signed up when I was younger[/quote]Greatest regret of my life. By the time I realized enlisting was the right thing to do, I was too old. I got sidetracked by that hippie free love shit. It was distracting, lemme tell you.
Nark1

As a pilot I don't shoot anything.  Shit's gone bad if I do.

But... the crew chiefs who man the 240's need my permission to shoot.  (97% of the time) there are times when they're weapons free and shoot whatever they can hit, but that's a whole different discussion that's not happening on an open forum.

During ranges we pull perpendicular to the range so they can  shoot.  Put a little left or right pedal to help a bit.

Now if I was "special," the UH60 DAP is an amazing bird.  That's  worth the few minutes of YouTube to look up.
cgzro

On a practical note, what happens with the spent shells, shouldn't they really be captured or ejected overboard? Having them flying around inside an aircraft seems rather risky to me. Loose objects like that always seem to make their way to bell cranks, pulleys and other control areas.

Nark1

I'm not sure I have a pic handy, but there is a box type contraption that collects brass. 

I've noticed my last few crew dogs have it zippered open (around the bottom).  Either way the brass falls down, outside the window into the abyss of Iraq.

Edited to add the pic...

You can see on the right side the shells are directed out and down. 

(That's Mosul burning...) not a lot of bacon down there.. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ScudRunner-d95

[quote author=cgzro link=topic=6441.msg17073#msg17073 date=1497006165]
On a practical note, what happens with the spent shells, shouldn't they really be captured or ejected overboard? Having them flying around inside an aircraft seems rather risky to me. Loose objects like that always seem to make their way to bell cranks, pulleys and other control areas.

[/quote]

Ya saw that in the FAQ video, there has to be a better way than just a brass kicker.
Three Bars

You smell that?  That's the smell of freedom!