Hours to PPL

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

I'm not sure how shitty pilots in other countries
make crappy Canadian flight training any better.

That's some sort of bizarre HR external equity
crap that I never understood.

Canadians used to be known as some pretty
good pilots.  That was then.

[img width=500 height=241]http://silverhawkauthor.com/images/site ... donald.jpg[/img]

[img]http://acesofww2.com/can/aces/beurling/ ... urling.jpg[/img]

Go ahead, go toe-to-toe with the guy on the right
and let us know how it worked out for you.

Chris

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=6263.msg16577#msg16577 date=1495066736]
Hey, were you there when the Texas Taildragger
from Cobden (grass runway) landed in a crab on
pavement and flipped over in front of you guys?[/quote]

Nope, wasn't there that day. Might have been after I moved away to get all edumacated. I'm surprised they touched the plane, one of the big points the gliding instructors are trained on is to only touch the wreck as much as is required to get the people out.

[quote]Remember when TC called in an air strike on
the old clubhouse?

j/k - that was the fire department.  They like
it when stuff burns, I guess.  It really is the old
clubhouse burning down, though.  I miss it, but
the new one is so awesome.  You guys are always
using the toilets in it!!
[/quote]

That I do remember. I'm amazed our shed escaped any real damage since it was only a few feet away. Just some saggy siding.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]
It doesn't, I just take issue with the continuing narrative here that Canada somehow has a monopoly on bad training, that it is linked to Canadian values somehow.[/quote]

It is not linked to Canadian values, it is due to piss poor training done by Canadian flight schools and a lack of over site by Transport Canada.

How can one expect to be taught to fly properly when the vast majority of  instructors can not fly them self's?

These accidents are in common certified light aircraft that have a tail wheel and requires rudder control on the ground.

How many flight instructors are in the training business that can fly a tail wheel airplane?

[quote][font=verdana]I remember when something like that happened here, and I had this conversation with the TSB guy."So it went off the runway and was substantially damaged?""Yes" "Was anyone hurt?""No.""And you say it was a taildragger?""Yes.""That happens all the time, just move it.[/font][/quote]

And there is the answer to why Canadian flight training is so piss poor.

You have an accident investigator commenting on why an accident happened but does not address the root cause.....poor training.

Typical attitude from a Government employee, I personally hold the TSB in the same contempt I have for the T.C. flight training inspectors....

Useless drones.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]So what, now one story about (what I thought) was an amusing remark, is indicative of a national failing? Sure Chuck, whatever.[/quote]

So tell me what percentage of today's flight instructors are capable of teaching on a simple airplane such as the Cessna 140 or Cessna 170?
Chuck Ellsworth

You are avoiding my question.

But that dose not surprise me because it must be difficult to admit todays instructors are so inept at airplane handling skills they can not fly simple certified training aircraft such as a Cessna 140 or a Cessna 170.

Pathetic.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]Fuck you Chuck.[/quote]

Great defense for incompetence , but I guess it must be difficult to face up to reality.

By the way Shiney how many countries have you taught flying in to have the personal experience to make a judgement of differences in training  in other countries versus training in Canada?

You should join BPF and get a job with T.C. and make sure the training industry in Canada stays as pathetic as it is now.