United Bars children from flight for failing "dress code"

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Rookie Pilot

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr- ... 7f0bc966f6

This airline again takes the cake. Sure good at pissing people off.

Trey Kule

Rookie, did you actually read the article?

These girls were travelling on employee passes.  The rules for them are different and they were apparently aware of them and chose to ignore them.
Those rules do not apply to paying passengers.

But, of course , that did not stop the social media outrage.  People love to be outraged.  They like to travel in yoga pants so they will take their business elsewhere. Why?  Because United has a dress code for its employee passes.
Free travel. Just accept the dress code. Maybe that little detail escaped them.

Next some Captain will show up in jeans and sneakers and be denied entry into the cockpit, and all the outraged ones can take their business elsewhere because they like to travel in jeans..

The twitter addicts will destroy out society .

Rookie Pilot

I read it,  and commented solely to display how good United is at pissing off large amounts of their customer base with their absolutely brutal PR dept. 

It's not what you do.  It's what people perceive you do. 

Some companies have a knack for doing that, over and over again.  United is the best at that among airlines,  which is why they are always in the news. 

Crying baby? Kick em off.  University math professor working on formulas,  but "looks Muslim"?  Kick em off, and call the police. 

Real winners here.  I just shake my head.  Very Very arrogant CEO at the helm there,  the sit down and shut up variety. 

Guess which airline fails next in the next recession --
Liquid Charlie

I have had my daughter denied boarding on WS for open toe shoes, she had to go and change them before she was allowed boarding -- AC is just as bad, had denials there also for out dated dress code and again open toes shoes or sandals and of course the $150 designer factory torn jeans -- LMFAOOoooooo --
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=Liquid Charlie link=topic=5933.msg15644#msg15644 date=1490573096]
I have had my daughter denied boarding on WS for open toe shoes, she had to go and change them before she was allowed boarding -- AC is just as bad, had denials there also for out dated dress code and again open toes shoes or sandals and of course the $150 designer factory torn jeans -- LMFAOOoooooo --
[/quote]

Do they deny boarding for failing to smile at the fat flight attendant before she bumps you 25 times during the flight going down the aisle? We talk about overweight pax some of the FA's are a lot worse than most pax.
Slick Goodlin

Could be worse, a former coworker was threatened with being kicked off an airline we had a reciprocal with unless he was dressed more professionally.  The crew was kind enough to go through their own bags looking for spare uniform parts and found just the thing - a FA's skirt!

All involved were pretty cool about it, it was all in good fun after all, but he dressed a lot better for subsequent flights.
Liquid Charlie

[quote][size=2]Do they deny boarding for failing to smile at the fat flight attendant before she bumps you 25 times during the flight going down the aisle? We talk about overweight pax some of the FA's are a lot worse than most pax.[/size][/quote]

[size=2]Well that really added to the thread - damn [/size]