Interesting places to fly to.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

This article titled "13 amazing destinations for pilots in the USA." Shows a few cool airports.

http://www.boldmethod.com/blog/lists/20 ... t-ZVh1qkMt

I wish I had gone to Miggs field before they wrecked it.

Nark1

Surprisingly I've been to a few of those.

I'm glad to add a few more to the list. 
David MacRay

I still remember a picture of an Island you said you camped on. Forget the state, Alabama or Tennisee perhaps? There are probably a few like it around that region.
Barneydhc82

Landed at Meigs Field May 1962 in a Tri-Pacer.  Closer to home try Vargas Island just off shore from Tofino.  An 8 mile sand runway when the tide goes out but check the tide tables before trying it

Barney
David MacRay

My first long trip as a PPL was Springback - Tofino with another PPL then on the way home we ended up stuck in Abbotsford waiting for Hope Slide to clear up and the other guy went home on the Grey Dog.

Time to spare go by air.

I like Revelstoke, the runway goes into the Columbia River. It looks like an island on one end.
Liquid Charlie

This is what opens up interesting places  :))

[img width=500 height=375]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TuymNRGAw-k/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
Rookie Pilot

Block island is cool. Fun approach in a gusty crosswind. Been to the main Grand Canyon airport, too. Sedona Arizona should make the list, too. Was a bit white knuckle when I did it at 300 hrs approaching from the "not recommended" North due to wind.