Canada came through again

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid Charlie

Well the new flight duty times are out and I can remember being at a TC information seminar and telling the lady rep to not fuck it up sighting the approach ban and approach ban debunckle, but being true canadian politicians and civil servants they come up with utter bullshit again - at least they are consistent - total fuck ups and afraid of their own shadow and being canadian try and please everyone which does the opposite and they produced something that is so fucked up everyone is pissed and shaking their heads. Gutless pricks sticking to bullshit baffles brains -- it's mind boggling - it's time for canadian government to grow a set. 

Slick Goodlin

Apart from ALPA everyone seems to be upset about this, company management included.  What would you have preferred to see?
Liquid Charlie

For me 1 week on and 3 weeks off right now --  >:D  -- 8 hour days and no nights are perfect but that's from the eyes of an old guy -- haha

Well in the true canadian way they have over complicated it. Contrary to what many think, aviation in canada is a pretty backward industry compared other countries. We seem to dote on that invincible "bush" pilot image of the invincible, hard working, party until you drop superman. There are many smoking holes to confirm this. Crews need the protection since operators only look at making money. Has anyone experienced the fall out if a pilot calls fatigue, even in this day and age. Immediate black list and possible firing or forced to quit because they are branded a pussy. Most still deny mistakes and fatigue go hand in hand. I just look at all the 20 something pilots out there. I know, been there do that, but we should learn from our mistakes.

The Americans produced law in a little over a year and the only concessions made were for the freight dogs. Canada has taken 8 years and produced yet another gem. More tables for the cap gen. KISS principal does not exist in canadian regulations.

Trucking industry  has gone through this but aviation seems to not matter as much -