Class 4 Instructor Training

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Rookie Pilot

SSU,

You misunderstand me.

There are some great instructors, but I've been put off by a few attitudes here and there.

My friends who have flown safely in some of the toughest places in the world are a pretty humble group, (the humility keeps them alive) so the arrogance I've run into from time to time from those with one tenth the hours and one hundredth the real life experience is hard to fathom. 

That's all.  I've had an FTU class 2, (the CFI) say to me, to my face, most airline pilots were a bunch of idiots (compared to him). Blanket statement. Didn't impress me, coming off like a great gift to aviation.

Not saying all are like that by any means.

Rookie Pilot

SSU,

I hear you.  Yeah I can be admittedly can be a bit harsh with this group. And I did say not all are like that by any means. But neither are all airline pilots unsafe idiotic  four bars, IMO. That  assumption is a bit of a stretch.

As for my friends I've asked some questions, being nosy. They aren't real talkative and certainly not bragging about their experience  and what they've flown. But I can interpolate. And I've flown and observed them.  And for an insurance form I've seen log times.

I suspect the ones I know being accident free and collectively with decades of time and thousands of hours in these conditions, seems to indicate a pretty safety focused approach. Wouldn't you agree?

---  But hey what do I know.

You are right we can learn from everyone. In real life, if not here it might seem, I attempt to do so.

Cheers.