Flying for a company such as Jazz.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

What would it be like flying the same trips day after day month after month?

Does it take a certain type of individual to do that without becoming bored to death?

Colonel

To each their own.  Some people find the repetition comforting.
Slick Goodlin

I can only speak for myself but I have an incredibly non-boring job with 24/7 responsibility some new challenge every day.  As a result, I have no personal life and am looking at my options for becoming a small cog in someone else's big machine.
JW Scud

It is not only Jazz. A lot of companies are like that depending on the fleet.

I have flown quite a few types now and one tends to get very familiar with a some airports. On one turboprop, we had perhaps 7 airports we went to, thats it. Another one had charters included but it was still dominated by a couple of airports at times and we might go there four times a day/or night. On some of the jets I flew, there were just a few airports and that's it. Day in, day out. Good schedule and decent money though. Great for someone wanting to be home most nights. Now, I have much more variety but still, it would be nice to see more places.

But then again, at some airlines you see a lot more places but have short layovers and a lot of fatigue. I have long layovers and do lots of touristy things or even fly a small aircraft during the layover. Keeps my flying skills up to date and learn a lot about flying in different locations.

Some people are not interested in layovers and just want to get home to the family. I like long layovers, and good long blocks of days off but don't mind being away for a fairly long period while I do the flying. The long layovers make it seem like a working vacation at times. Spent two days at Oshkosh last year on a layover and saw an excellent Shuttleworth collection airshow this year.

You can see the highlights here,

Eric Janson

[quote author=JW Scud link=topic=8771.msg24105#msg24105 date=1532365343]
It is not only Jazz. A lot of companies are like that depending on the fleet. [/quote]
Although my company sometimes flies to 40 different countries in a month I'm currently assigned to a contract that consists of 1 sector a week between 2 airports. I'm about to start a 25 day pattern which will give me 4 sectors.
It's boring - but the huge number off off days is why I do it. Plus everything is well organised unlike the chaos of ACMI work.
I do get a few other flights when I'm doing my Simulator training or Ground School.

I'm thinking about going back to the normal operation.
John Swallow

The corporate job I had down east for 15 years had a variety of airports that were visited on an irregular basis; from the Maritimes to Ontario to New England. 

In addition, depending on the time frame, I flew helicopter and SE/TE piston,  helicopter and TE piston/turboprop, or  helicopter and  TE turboprop/jet.  So the destinations were always changing depending on which type was flown.  I could be in Boston Brook one day and Boston Mass the next.  Always interesting.