Would you "water ski" your plane on a glassy lake

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

Posted this on the Facebook page and it has generated a few responses, what do you think?

Lots of risk and very little reward in my mind. But if you want to be a YouTube star......

[facebook][/facebook]

Nark1

Ahhh yes, my buddy Kevin.

I'm mixed. Yes and no. 
Having witnessed a video a few weeks ago, New Zealand I think, the dude hammers it down on the water, and little to do detriment.  Seems like "fun" to water ski.

As an aircraft owner that wouldn't be paid out the insurance claim after I crash, I want to say no. 

In short, someone's else's bird, sure.  Mine, nope.
Slick Goodlin

I wouldn't risk someone else's plane over it, nor would I risk a plane of my own.  Yet I still very badly want to try.  It's just a wheel landing touch and go while hauling ass and the math says those big tire Super Cubs can't be forced to break the water's surface above about eight miles an hour or something ludicrously low like that.

Maybe if I'm ever a YouTube star, then you guys can all laugh at the confidence I had right up to when I flip it.
Colonel

I'd do it, but most of my friends are dead.

[img width=500 height=394][/img]
Kartoon

Don’t you need your brakes on to prevent wheels to dig in?
Colonel

Maybe he needs more practice?
Chuck Ellsworth

Well for sure that one was not all that impressive. :)
Citabriafloats

Floats are for water. The only water skiing I do is on hard winter water.