Captain Big Bars don’t like Touch N Go’s

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Big Pistons Forever

I call BS on the fact that the American Airline jet was just 2 minutes to bingo. I think he was just playing the fuel card to get what he wanted…..
Colonel

The four bars sounded about 12 years old to me.

Despite all the runways there, sometimes ya gotta wait.

Maybe Nark can fill us in - this is his back yard.
digits

The irony is that the touch & go traffic was likely paying more than that airline captain was paying to fly there...
David MacRay

Is this why so many places keep chasing flight training away? They’re “commercial airports, not touch and go fields.”
Colonel

This snotty 12 year old four bar has a lot to learn.

I remember sitting with two L39’s each burning 70 gph, waiting for a buck fifty to chug on in, flying his huge pattern. Normal.

Recently I had to slow down to 160 mph on final for a King Air ahead of me. Should I have petulantly torn him a new one on Tower freq for approaching too slowly?

12 year old four bar has a lot to learn.
Nark

Ohhh boy….

Captain Happy left Delta and got a job at American I see.

1 flight school, busy enough where it gets funding from the VA (military types) 3-4 GA clubs, fighter wing of F35’s and us lowly UH60’s.

Lots and lots and co-mingling for mixed traffic. Add in student controllers, (every FAA tower has studs, they wash out there not Ok city anymore).

Wasn’t my buddy working, but I love the sup coming on and chastising the D-bag 4 bar.

I mean I’m a 4-bar, but I don’t think I’m a D-bag. Well, I probably am, but I don’t take it out on the controllers.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

There’s probably something wrong with me, but I like mixing traffic. It makes it less boring in the pattern.
Slick Goodlin

Imagine so boldly being an asshole and an idiot at the same time. I wonder if there were words from the boss later about not really knowing his fuel state.
Nark

Slick Goodlin wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:36 pm
Imagine so boldly being an asshole and an idiot at the same time. I wonder if there were words from the boss later about not really knowing his fuel state.
He would know exactly what his fuel state is. We have it on our release, which needs to be above that level before crossing the hold short line, for takeoff.

$100 says he was trying to make a commute home when he landed. I hated flying with those types.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com