Warning: Memories of a Flight Hudson River Run

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
vanNostrum

Found some old [1997] photos that were ''lost'' in the basement . They brought memories of a flight that turn out to be special for me

This flight was a first  First flight after checking out on retractable gear constant speed prop airplane ,first flight across the border and into real busy airspace.

Up and down the Hudson at a thousand feet, absorbing the magnificent view, admiring Lady Liberty up close  , watching for  all kind of traffic ,flying very close to the WTC seeing  one third of Towers above me , gave me a real sense of this been a special moment.  When I landed at TEB I bounced an extra time more  than usual , I blamed on excitement :)
That night  I departed  TEB and before heading back home I flew  again the River Run in the dark ,  the galaxy of lights on the ground added another dimension and a beautiful change to what I had experienced earlier.
The 3 hrs trip back  home was quiet, just the ADF playing  music from some far away radio station , the airplane seemed to be motionless in the air ,  the night was clear and the moon in the East pale and distant ,the world bellow still.
The magic of flying. How lucky I am .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chuck Ellsworth

Neat, we only get to do these things maybe once in a life time.