Pegasus again!

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
Eric Janson

Land long at high speed downwind on a wet runway - only one way that ends.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4d2e6a8d&opt=0
According to Mode-S data transmitted by the aircraft the aircraft landed long and hot, 1500 meters before the runway threshold the aircraft was descending through 950 feet MSL (corrected for local pressure, actual Mode-S reading 1500 feet)/661 feet AGL at 194 knots over ground, touched down about abeam taxiways T/F (about 1950 meters/6400 feet past the threshold, about 1000 meters/3300 feet before the runway end) at about 130 knots over ground, overran the end of the runway at about 63 knots over ground veering slightly to the left (last transponder transmission), hit the localizer antenna runway 06, went over an airport road and a cliff and impacted the airport perimeter wall.
I guess the airport boundary wall finally stopped the aircraft. Interesting to see another 737NG broke into 3 pieces.

These are the same guys that ended up with the aircraft on a cliff just above the ocean in Trabzon.

Looking at the METAR - that easily exceeds the tailwind limit.

Colonel

Never go around.

You might get in trouble. All good 21st century pilots know that getting in trouble is worse than crashing and wrecking a serviceable aircraft and killing people.

You know. A "learning experience".

Don't get in trouble! Wear the costume, read the book and push the buttons. That's all that matters to aviation in the 21st century.

You don't need to make difficult decisions, learn any handling skills or systems knowledge. That stuff is so old-fashioned. No one at Coachella cares about that Boomer stuff. Just be young and fashionable - that's all that matters.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Eric Janson

Colonel wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:24 pm
Never go around.

You might get in trouble. All good 21st century pilots know that getting in trouble is worse than crashing and wrecking a serviceable aircraft and killing people.
Never heard a word about any go-around I've ever done - as it should be.

At my company people get into trouble for not doing them (Flight Data Monitoring Program).
Scudrunner
Site Admin

https://www.news.scudrunners.com/737-sl ... -istanbul/

So winds are 290 at 22 gust 37 and you're landing 06................... :?
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

On a wet runway, grounding 200 knots on short final.

What could possibly go wrong?
Eric Janson

These guys need to be added to the EU blacklist.

Their AOC needs to be pulled as well - I imagine that won't happen given the corruption in Turkey.

I'm sure the owners are paying off the right people or have the right Political connections - probably both.