Dale Earnhardt Jr Citation Crash

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

Came in hot.  Landed long on a short runway.  Bounced twice, collapsed the landing gear, ran off the end, burned.

Didn't bother to overshoot from a bad approach.  Forced it on the ground.

Good job!  Remember, fundamental pilot skills aren't required any more.

Let me guess: the 680 is a "fire-breathing dragon" that only Chuck Yeager can fly?
And we have to wait 10 years for the bilingual accident report?

Colonel

Update:

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/dale-earnh ... cing-crash

I guess he thinks racing isn't as dangerous as flying with incompetent pilots,
so he might as well go back?

[img width=500 height=281]https://s.abcnews.com/images/WNN/190816 ... x9_992.jpg[/img]

Betcha that pilot bounced a 172 the same way, and everyone was cool with it.

Remember, it took TWO pilots to do that.  Dale Jr was sitting in the back.  He
should have flown it himself.  I'm sure his hands and feet are FAR better than
either of the assclowns in white shirts up front.
ScudRunner-d95

The C680 is the easiest jet I have flown, 
VREF is usually around 100knots, she is a citation after all, but when you go into busy airports you better be doing 130 minimum until short final but you can be fast and high and just chop the thrust and the speed bleeds off fast.
Heck if you wanted/had to, you can keep the spoilers out until 500 feet fully configured for landing.

Landing on short strips by the time you snap the spoilers out and crack the buckets your through 65 knots without spoiling up.
If you wanted to get stopped in a hurry you can beat the number by allot without much effort.

I have taken her into 3900' strips legally (604 op) , taken fuel and 6 pax and headed on some 1100nm easily.
Like I said very little grey matter to engage when flying this machine.