DIY Cessna Air Vent plug

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I am not concerned about TOF being sued because a plug failed.

I’m concerned about him possibly being sued after someone failed to remove a plug, then hit a hangar at full throttle while tightly gripping the yoke with both hands, trying to turn away with both feet on the floor..

Colonel

OMG. I had no idea this guy had a buttplug in:

That explains so much.

PS Has Air Canada hired him yet?

PPS I am so excited. Wait until I post a picture here, of how I'm going to use FOUR plugs!

PPPS I think a plug is really improved with a tail on it. Can we get a nice long red "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT"
lanyard on our plugs? It would be nice if they were strong enough that you could yank on them to pull the plug
out rapidly. You know, when you're in a hurry, pre-flighting. I personally like a long furry tail on my plugs, but
a bright red ribbon is cool too.
David MacRay

Next some barrister is telling the court how his client turned the steering thing to no avail. Then how the plug needed to block the door so people can’t enter the plane until it’s removed.
Colonel

Maybe you can handle a plug that big Dave, but I can't.

Man's gotta know his limits.
David MacRay

I don’t need any plug at all. I don’t even go every day anymore.
Colonel

That makes me sad. You should go to the airport every day.
TwinOtterFan

Colonel wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:11 pm
A pink-ish hue.
Baby_Pink_medium.jpg
OR
IMG_7556_copy_medium.jpg
IMG_7556b_copy_medium.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Those are pretty slick, Im attempting to update my High School AutoCad design skills and draft up some NACA plugs. Somehow I keep making Bongs but im getting better.

I was thinking a rectangle that would just slip in with perhaps an over lap on skin and a pull handle in Red.

The TPU filament is a bit tricky to get the right settings but this shit fun.

Really cool tech.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
TwinOtterFan

Scudrunner wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:36 am
Those are pretty slick, Im attempting to update my High School AutoCad design skills and draft up some NACA plugs. Somehow I keep making Bongs but im getting better.

I was thinking a rectangle that would just slip in with perhaps an over lap on skin and a pull handle in Red.

The TPU filament is a bit tricky to get the right settings but this shit fun.

Really cool tech.
I was a robotic engineering technician for the automotive industry before I joined the CF, so I'm just drawing up on all those old skills. I've had 3d printers and laser equipment for a few years now and my little company. Send me a sketch of what your thinking and I will send you back an .STL if you already have a printer. or a printed prototype if you want. I still have a few weeks before the pack up my shop and move it to Alberta.

Ya the rubber filament took a few tries to make that ring, it kept jamming up my feeder. Once you get it though it makes a nice part, stringy though.
Liquid_Charlie

I guess that holding the nose up helps hide the obstructions like a hanger -- damn
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"