Flight Training in Canada - FAIL

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
praveen4143

I keep telling my brand new PPL or RPP students when they finish that they now have the licence to learn even more! You cannot possibly fit in all the real live experiences over the course of their 45-50 hour PPL. They should start learning more on their own. The smart ones continue with obtaining more ratings, other training or plain and simple coming back to get answers to something new they didn't experience during training or trying to fly into more complex airspace and learning on their own that busier airspace doesn't bite.. The "good enough" group goes away and slowly loses their skill even more by not flying often enough or taking passengers up for joy rides but never practising their newly learnt skill! This group are the ones you see come back more than 5 years later wanting to do recurrent training and trying to get it done in a 30 minute flight because they "used to be so good" and complain having to redo the PSTAR exam.

JW Scud

[quote author=David MacRay link=topic=359.msg1392#msg1392 date=1435573976]
I am thinking about the turn this thread made and comparing the late life example to David Lee Roth.
[/quote]

Speaking of David Lee Roth, there is a very interesting tidbit of info about him in this article, which should be read from the beginning,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/rel ... spartandhp
Liquid Charlie

The main problems are cheapskate operators paying shit wages to babies who have no right to teaching in the first place and only building time to escape. As I have said before it should become a license with attached requirements like the ATP and not just an endorsement and salaries to maintain teachers in the industry. The full time general aviation type is just issued a license that eventually could possibly kill them and others as well. 
David MacRay

[quote author=JW Scud link=topic=359.msg29826#msg29826 date=1577840487]
[quote author=David MacRay link=topic=359.msg1392#msg1392 date=1435573976]
I am thinking about the turn this thread made and comparing the late life example to David Lee Roth.
[/quote]

Speaking of David Lee Roth, there is a very interesting tidbit of info about him in this article, which should be read from the beginning,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/rel ... spartandhp
[/quote]

Fun story. Thanks for that.