Were double fucked.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
CpnCrunch

[quote author=Cdnpilot77 link=topic=1132.msg4319#msg4319 date=1447779339]
You are using terms like "AFAIK" and "presumably". Assumptions are very dangerous!  Again, what is the hurry to get it done NOW, without proper vetting and screening??  It's very scary politics that is going to get Canadians killed!  Our PM's primary responsibility is for the safety and best interests of Canadian Citizens, ANYTHING else is very much secondary!  If you think otherwise than we are in for a world of hurt!!
[/quote]

I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out that vanNostrum's comment was completely wrong. His figures were for boat people, which is nothing to do with the discussion. We're talking about Syrian refugees from refugee camps, which has the 50/50 male/female split. His figures were for people crossing the Med in boats.

As for the "AFAIK", that was directed at the notion that Canada is taking refugees from camps, rather than from boat people (which would be highly unlikely). I just did a quick google search and confirmed that, so you can disgregard the "AFAIK". I just don't like confusing speculation as fact.

I will just say that you should think very carefully about tarring everyone from one country with the same brush. That's what happened with Irish people in the past (which includes most of Chuck's former neighbours in Newfoundland). Would it be fine to say that all the Irish in Newfoundland should fuck off to where they came from because they're lazy irish bastards and/or might be plotting to blow things up?

David MacRay

AFAIK, Chuck lives on the other side of Canada from Newfoundland.
I put that AFAIK there just in case he moved.

Anyone see the poll from 1938 where 68.8% of students thought the US should not let in Jewish refugees from Europe?

Obviously they need to screen but how? And I doubt it is very tough to get here without pretending to be a refugee. They could probably enter as a group with Libyan passports as long as they agreed to a pat down after putting their nail clippers in the box.
Cdnpilot77

[quote author=CpnCrunch link=topic=1132.msg4321#msg4321 date=1447781037]

I will just say that you should think very carefully about tarring everyone from one country with the same brush. That's what happened with Irish people in the past (which includes most of Chuck's neighbours in Newfoundland). Would it be fine to say that all the Irish in Newfoundland should fuck off to where they came from because they're lazy irish bastards and/or might be plotting to blow things up?
[/quote]

Don't put words in my mouth....they are not Canadian citizens yet.  They should not get the rights of a Canadian citizen or legal immigrant until they have the status.  I happen to think every single person that immigrates here, under any circumstance, should be considered suspicious until a proper vetting process is complete.  You know it takes 3months to get a RAIC card at YYZ?  How many people would have to apply for one of those in any given year?  A few hundred maybe even a couple thousand?  Why should we allow 25,000 people whom we know absolutely nothing about, be allowed free passage and free reign in our country with nothing more than a wave through?  How else are you going to do properly manage 25,000 people in just 45 Days?  This is a complete disaster The hair is setting us up for.
CpnCrunch

[quote author=Cdnpilot77 link=topic=1132.msg4324#msg4324 date=1447785736]

Don't put words in my mouth....they are not Canadian citizens yet.  They should not get the rights of a Canadian citizen or legal immigrant until they have the status.  I happen to think every single person that immigrates here, under any circumstance, should be considered suspicious until a proper vetting process is complete.  You know it takes 3months to get a RAIC card at YYZ?  How many people would have to apply for one of those in any given year?  A few hundred maybe even a couple thousand?  Why should we allow 25,000 people whom we know absolutely nothing about, be allowed free passage and free reign in our country with nothing more than a wave through?  How else are you going to do properly manage 25,000 people in just 45 Days?  This is a complete disaster The hair is setting us up for.
[/quote]

I completely agree with you. I've been through the extensive vetting process myself, which took about a year even though I'm from the UK and married a Canadian citizen. I'm just saying we shouldn't automatically assume that they are all/mostly ISIS fighters and we should therefore not let any of them in, which is what vanNostrum and Chuck seem to be saying (please correct me if that's not what you meant).
Cdnpilot77

I don't think they are saying "Don't let any in". I think they are saying do it right.  All of those people in refugee camps are safe, out of harms way and being taken care of.  There is no great rush and no need for great rush.  Trudeau set this artificial arbitrary goal and we seem to have to live with that, but do it right!! 

Watch this video....very telling.

David MacRay

Presumably there are going to be less jobs next year. How can we add people? Moving refugees from there to here might be more difficult than Mr. Trudeau and his pals are suggesting.
Chuck Ellsworth

O.K., I was up in Desolation Sound at the lodge.

I was not born in Canada I was born in NFLD and my fathers mother was full blood Mic Mac.

I was a landed immigrant in Canada until NFLD made the mistake of joining Canada instead of the U.S.A.

These sub human savages that are radical Islam are so far from my ancestors from the U.K. than if they were from Mars.

Any of you bleeding hearts that want to let possible Islam killers into Canada should offer your houses and families to them.

I just can not believe the ignorance I am seeing in this discussions.

Fuckin incredible.
David MacRay

Didn't they let in Lebanese refugees in the 1980s?

I can't believe so many people seem to be trying to make the issue a simple Yes or No.
CpnCrunch

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=1132.msg4328#msg4328 date=1447796644]
These sub human savages that are radical Islam are so far from my ancestors from the U.K. than if they were from Mars.
Any of you bleeding hearts that want to let possible Islam killers into Canada should offer your houses and families to them.
[/quote]

Well they're fairly close to the IRA, just a matter of degree. It's like saying all you irish fuckers shouldn't be let in in case you try to blow us up.

The issue is that you want to reject everyone from Syria just because a few are in ISIS. The mastermind behind the Paris attacks was born in Belgium, and Jihadi John was British.
Chuck Ellsworth

Where they were born in not material to the fact they are extreme radical Islam radicals.

But hey fill your boots and invite them to your house.

I spent a lot of time living in their world working for TF1 making documentary films and I know how inhuman they are.

How much time have you lived in their countries Crunch, how many beheading have you watched real close up?

I have and I truly fear their mentality.

Best thing we can do is send as many to paradise as we can.