Day dreaming about airplanes.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
TwinOtterFan

Oh I'm one of those little shady fuc#$rs lol, can sit in the 172 with the seat all the way forward and still get full elevator.

214297929_172501038231358_7099465207308272991_n.jpg

I get that the build quality can be all over. I do like the kitplane AB's vs the scratch built, at least most of the major components have seen some level of testing and manufacturing to an industry standard. I'm still in the looking stage for a little bit yet, hoping to time getting something as I complete my PPL, but I will need some instructed tail wheel time on the club Citabria as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David MacRay

Which club?

Someone should alter that picture from black and white to green and white, I feel like it would look really good.
TwinOtterFan

BFC is apparently getting their Citabria back online so I figure until I decide on a tail dragger some hours in that can't be bad.

I'm not sure if I have the original of that picture actually. I don't have a lot from my career. Not much for cameras, I used to have some cool pictures of some blown up tanks and had a short video of the windshield of my ambulance flexing pretty good when a UXO went off a few hundred meters away.
David MacRay

Yeah, my wife has sent a camera with me a few times. Including when I went flying from Fullerton once. After landing I was gathering my stuff and noticed that I left the camera on the backseat. I almost took pictures that time. I would like some more pictures now that my memory is not as good. Oh well.
Chuck Ellsworth

hoping to time getting something as I complete my PPL, but I will need some instructed tail wheel time on the club Citabria as well.
It should be mandatory to use a conventional gear airplane from zero hours until first solo.

Would solve a lot of airplane handling skills for new pilots if it was done that way.
CaptNerdly

Somewhere I read "Friends don't let friends fly 2 strokes". Many years ago I read an article probably in Kitplanes where they had tested 2 strokes running too lean vs no oil in the gas. They died quicker on a lean seizure with almost no warning. I'll stick to 4 strokes. Love my little C90-8F.
Colonel

You have to fly what you know. I personally would not fly a two stroke because
I know nothing about them, but for a old country boy brought up on old chain saws
and dirt bikes and sleds that puked out the blue smoke (pa-ting, pa-ting, pa-ting)
it might be a good choice.
TwinOtterFan

I'm torn, I've been on all sorts of two wheels since I was little and rebuilt them all myself. I do realize when a bike stops I just coast. But I do know I've only ever had one bike leave me hanging and it was the pet cock valve that actually failed.
Big Pistons Forever

4 of my PPL students decided to buy UL’s powered by 2 stroke engine. Within a year all had experience an actual engine failure. Pretty much everyone I know that had anything to do with 2 strokes in airplanes has had a bad experience with them.

Personally I would have nothing to do with any airplane that does not have a certified engine in it. That goes for all the car engine conversions too.
David MacRay

What a great deal for this 172N. Only $70,000 and under twenty five thousand hours.

https://www.controller.com/listing/for- ... e-aircraft