Sad day at MRC

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I have no idea if it was a problem maintaining altitude on one engine but, my VTA shows plenty of parts of the practice area as over 5000 feet above sea level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Strega

Shiny,

Have you personally seen a catastrophic failure, of a rotax 912?  Yes or No?  Im not talking about 2 stroke junk....

The SE service ceiling of this thing at gross is 7500'...    seems odd the SE nature had anything to do with this accident.

Double engine failure?  perhaps if there was too much air in the tanks... 

I guess we can wait to see what the TSB report will reveal...my gut is with

Trey Kule

Time to remember rather than speculate.
Respect our lost comrades

No one thinks this will happen to them.

Colonel

[quote]No one thinks this will happen to them[/quote]

Not sure I agree with you there.  From what I
can see, people just don't care if they crash or
not.  They have very little interest in that.  It's
just not a priority.

They are interested in paperwork, costumes,
facebook, hair product and most of all, their
[i]feelings[/i].  Don't say anything that might make
them cry, ok?

Why would anyone waste time developing
stick & rudder skill, or learning about their
aircraft systems, or reviewing past accidents?

I mean, that's [i]no fun[/i].

Why not have your eyebrows plucked instead?

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/2 ... 49690.html]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/2 ... 49690.html[/url]

[quote] The most important thing is to ask a guy with really great brows for a reference on where to go[/quote]
Trey Kule

I don't think it is so much that the younger generations do not care if they crash but they have been inundated their entire lives with movies that never deal with the aftermath of accidents, and video games with a "reset" button. Crash in Flight Sim...Reset and try again....

As to learning from accidents.  A great idea.  But rampart speculating after an accident without facts is not learning.
It is closer to gossip, and from what I see, pretty much for the same reasons.

Now who was it posts on here: "there are no new causes of accidents"?  oh, that would be you.
Very Canadian though for us all to sit behind a keyboard and share our wisdom by advising others.
And, as we all know, that seems to be working like a charm! (sarcasm to be clear of my meaning)

I think there are some fine young pilots today.  But we do not hear about them. We only hear about the losers and those that have accidents.  It is easy to come to the conclusion that every new ppl is a flying disaster.  And, from my experience, that just is not so.

But its no fun to talk about the super young kid who can fly as good as we can.  More fun to pick on those pilots I would not let drive my car.  The problem is the perception that all new ppls/cpls are complete and utterly useless.  Not what I have seen. Some great. some useless, most about average

When an accident happens its seems everyone assumes the pilots were in the useless category and shares their wisdom.

Two pilots died here. It is not about hurt feelings. Simple respect.
Trey Kule

How many 60 year old cans of butyrate do you have Colonel?

20000 plus hours of experience in that cockpit.
Former RCAF pilot

Strega

[quote author=Shiny link=topic=5632.msg14833#msg14833 date=1487142279]
[quote]Have you personally seen a catastrophic failure, of a rotax 912?  Yes or No?[/quote]

Yes.
[/quote]

Please elaborate.