What do you fly and why?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Barneydhc82

For the past 20 years I've been flying a Grumman AA1A but that has come to an end..

If I could figure out how to post a photo, I would show you John's other tin mistress  but then he would want to throttle me.

Fly safe guys..it's the best "high" there is

Barney

Colonel

Oddly, I fly because I want to.  Because I enjoy it,
and have fun.  In my decades of flying, my two
most enjoyable and fun aircraft would have to be
the Pitts and the Viper L29.  Mike at Reno:

[img width=500 height=333]http://mikemangold.us/wp-content/upload ... /home4.jpg[/img]

If you ever fly either one, you will discover what I mean.

Try to fly both in your lifetime.
Cdnpilot77

Citation, Cus you never know who or what you're gonna see in any given day...unfortunately today, I had that entitled prick Trudeau park his Challenger next to me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric Janson

A340-300 and A340-500 because that is what my employer wants me to fly and it pays the bills!

Not the highest paying job but I'm only flying 400 hours/year and I get lots of time off at home.

Don't fly anything smaller - got myself a boat instead.
Liquid Charlie

To piss off the young guys who want my seat --  >:D

I'm kidding of course but that's my line when asked.

I started flying at the age of 15 and knew then that is what I would be doing. Had little or no "recreational" flying after getting my commercial but had a pretty good run and saw lots. I was pissed when I was forced to retire due to age and wasn't close to wanting to hang up  my spurs so I found another job and quit before my actual retire date. Funny how things go full circle. I'm back flying in an area where it all started for me almost 50 years ago (had a license for 53 years, next year will be 50 doing it for the cash -- wonder when i will stop carrying condoms in my flight bag -- lmfaoooooooooo

[img width=500 height=333]http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Airframe/Ga ... 052537.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=333]http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Airframe/Ga ... 044413.jpg[/img]

dirtdr

My first post here. Good enough thread to introduce myself

I fly a 1968 Cessna 310. It's a sharp looking plane that goes pretty fast and was cheap to buy.
[img][/img]
I fly mostly for the ability to get away from the day to day in Northern Alberta. Family trips into BC, southern Alberta, Yukon.

[youtube][/youtube]

The occasional business trip helps pay for some of the maintenance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric Janson

Nice pictures and video!

This is the only video I can find where I'm flying:-

[youtube]ApkGVs7OcrM[/youtube]
Skyhunter

A320 series.  Because it is what I can hold and get the best pay for right now, and I couldn't fly what I really loved flying (F-18's) anymore for medical reasons.  Haven't flown recreational in a while, but hopefully that is coming next year.  Short term (this time next year I hope) looking for an amphib with 1000 lbs useful load or so, and then maybe some people to partner on a 2 seater capable of gentlemen aerobatics... based in Stoney Creek.  Miss flying the L-19 birddog!  Was my first airplane after flying Hornets and not flying a prop in almost 20 years...  talk about one extreme to another, but it is a lovely little airplane.     
David MacRay

Very nice to see your progress dirtdr. I recall you timidly going to get your 172. Seems like yesterday, probably five years ago.

I'm flying rental 172s once a year, because I'm too stubborn to,
A. leave my wife and live in a van by the airport.
Or
B. Quit flying, get castrated and vacuum more often.
John Swallow

dirtdr:

Were you home about five weeks ago (16 Jul) when a passel of planes flew in to golf and say "hello"?  Frazer Blues, a sorry looking 4-plane of RVs, and several others landed and enjoyed the afternoon's camaraderie.

John