What makes an airplane nice to fly?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Squaretail

Maybe, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Diamonds and RVs. I hate a reclined seat position, it becomes uncomfortable real quick, and I've spent a lot of my life on old steel tractor seats. I'd rather bounce around in a Bobcat all day than spend 30 minutes in a Diamond. Not sure who they designed those seats for, but it wasn't me.

Now with that said, there are some planes that are a pain to get into. The Maule seems like they forgot to put doors into the original design. The cake is still taken by the Malibu. If two of you are in there, someone's going to get an ass in the face. Even the Pitts was roomy by comparison.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
David MacRay

I’m going to try to remember that.

If I get a chance to fly with a hot chick, take her up in a Malibu.
JW Scud

David MacRay wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:38 pm
I’m going to try to remember that.

If I get a chance to fly with a hot chick, take her up in a Malibu.
You want to put your ass in her face as you get in and out of the cockpit to operate the door at the back?

Meanwhile buddy got a used taildragger at a twentieth the price to wow her with aerobatics, in a tandem biplane with pilot in back seat and letting her get in last and out first, following strict instructions on how to position herself to “protect the fabric”.

Now you know why the colonel is a genius.
Colonel

Thank you. But in my experience, some asses are nicer to have in your face than others:

Mikey said that flying with us (four Pitts formation) was the scariest thing he'd ever done
in an airplane. Quite possibly the best compliment I ever received in 50 years of flying,
when you consider who it's coming from. I'm not saying we were tucked in tight or anything,
but:

Not a photoshop, above. Just four deplorable stick and rudder pilots - three of them
with my Y chromosome.

Fun times. I'm a huge fan of the McBryans. 220 lbs last time I stepped on a scale.

PS The reason for the weird Michael Jackson jacket is that after flying, we decided
to inspect the runway with the motorcycles. It was kinda like this, except at night:

Ask Patty Wagstaff about Fun On The Runway After Dark.