My Theory About Aircraft Prices

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

If insurance says a guy needs ... a lot of dual
This guy was required by the insurance company to get ONE FUCKING HUNDRED
hours of dual, if memory serves. And he did. And then he landed the FUCKING
FIRE BREATHING DRAGON Mooney like this.

Is that a "good job"? A "learning experience" to talk about , during your interview
to become a button pusher in a white shirt?

There is a cost to the really shitty training that civilians love to do. You know,
the kind that doesn't "hurt their feelings".

Squaretail

Is that a "good job"? A "learning experience" to talk about , during your interview
to become a button pusher in a white shirt?
Somehow I doubt anyone who has three quarters of a million to dump on a four seat airplane has aspirations of chasing a career in aviation cosplay. Though to be fair they frequently idolize "airline" style training as the pinnacle of safety so can be easily duped by cargo cultist thinking on the subject. What always befuddles me is how guys who are savvy in business of some sort are so unwise when it comes to flying airplanes. But then when you return to the priority of saving time it ceases to become a mystery. Little airplanes often offer the illusion of speed and convenience. They're not interested in airplanes. The day they develop the flying pod which takes no skill prerequisite and shaves another minute off their travel time to where ever their warmer destination is, Cirrus will be out of business. Unless of course Cirrus invents that pod.

What they have in common with the white shirt enthusiasts, is a desire to attain their goals quickly, and thus train similarly.

Either way, If I had more time on my hands, I'd be totally for that Cessna 190. That's one of the most beautiful planes ever made. I love those radial engines with the little cowling nubs.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...