A Lot Of Student Pilots Out There

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

As usual the Colonel has good info and advice.
For sure he is one of the best posters a forum can have.

And he also checked himself out on a Beech 18 because he understands it is just another airplane and not some exotic thing to be feared.
Chuck you forgot the $100 rebate from the government for getting your ticket along with the training school getting $100 as well.
Yes those were different times for sure.
Ah, Wong Bros the Chinese airforce - did my multi-IFR there. Link trainers -- need I say more LMFAOOOoooo
Bob and Tom were great to me, they let me work for flying time and really went out of their way to motivate me to become a commercial pilot.

( Looking back I wish I had chosen to be in charge of quality control in a whorehouse instead of a pilot. )

Colonel

Learning to check myself out in new types was incredibly valuable.

While it is viewed by the paperwork crowd as clear evidence of impeachable
careless and reckless behavior, being able to teach yourself to fly new types
comes in really handy.

My favorite technique is during my first takeoff in a new type, to stay in ground
effect at full throttle to the end of the runway, then if I make my entry gate speed,
pull +4G's for a nice round 5/8 loop to the inverted 45, then 1/2 roll upright to complete
an inside 1/2 cuban-8, back down to the surface again. Feel free to spiral the 1/2 roll
to keep the G positive (but light) for aircraft systems or other reasons (like what?)

Ask any Air Canada pilot or TC Inspector how to calculate the entry gate speed, and to
demonstrate it for you on their first flight on type. They're much better pilots than I am.

Chuck Ellsworth

Learning to check myself out in new types was incredibly valuable.
Exactly and it is not all that difficult.

Everything you need to know is in the airplane flight manual and they all use the same control movements to produce the results you want.

Even without a flight manual all certified airplanes are not that difficult to fly.