More members.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

I just found this site from a recommendation of a user on Av Canada, he had to spell it all weird in a PM cause the first message he sent me removed it lol. Anyway pretty sure I found what I was looking for.
There a lot of really experienced people here and they will tell you what they think and are happy to help you if you ask a question.

We are old cats and can't be fucked by kittens. :mrgreen:

Colonel

Ask anything: off-airport, tube&fabric, tailwheel, radial engine, biplane, aerobatic, skis, floats, multi-engine, antique, warbird, turbocharged, supercharged, geared, pusher, pressurized, turbine, jet.

We're not pretty, but we're still alive. That's our main qualification, after all these decades :^)

That's 400 mph down the runway, then a roll.

... and just don't ask what that was, or look closely at this:

TwinOtterFan

Well this sounds perfect!

I don't know how many times I had be warned about "chasing metal" or "shiny jet syndrome" or how many times I had to post that I have zero desire to likely ever even fly for a 705 and if I even did, I have this odd love affair with turbo props....
JW Scud

Colonel wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 pm
What is wrong with posting the truth?
Oh dear. I'll bite.

The truth is a very big problem for a lot of very powerful people. Ask the Kennedys
about all the women they've killed. Ask Bill Clinton about blowjobs from young girls
on Pedo Island.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment ... d=msedgntp
Chuck Ellsworth

For me the only positive to flying for an airline was the pay if you made it to the top in the industry.

Flying to me means hands on control of what the airplane does, not monitoring a computer.
TwinOtterFan

I agree that if you can make it to the top it would be nice, for the money... Maybe if I was starting out young I would consider it. But I started this adventure at 39, and had already spent 10 years away from family serving.

I'll be happy just about flying anything I imagine. Even instructing, I really enjoyed mentoring junior troops, and figure instructing would be the same.
Colonel

I had a student. When he was 30, he went to the Ottawa Flying Club, and the
geniuses there told him he was too old, so he gave up on that idea.

He came to me when he was 40, and we did his CPL and class 4 instructor
rating. He has his ATP and flies in the Arctic now at some place with Fort
or Lake in it. Happy as a clam. I think he's typed on the wetstream, but
prefers the Otter on skis. Loves to land on glaciers.

There's a lesson in there.
Big Pistons Forever

There is a great little essay about a guy looking down from the Space Shuttle at a cub doing circuits. I can’t seem to find it but I remember it had a great message for all aspiring commercial pilots.

Anyone got a link ?
Chuck Ellsworth

Yeh, it is a great story I have it somewhere and will try and find it and post it here.
TwinOtterFan

Colonel wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:05 pm
There's a lesson in there.
Pretty sure I had that lesson, hence the early retirement. Pipeline watch, bird dog, milk delivery, instructing they all add up to me flying a plane, and not feeling like I'm at work.

Now, landing an Otter on glaciers is just amazing, not sure where I will end up. But I know I will love it.