Exporting an aircraft.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

To say that TC is an odd outfit, is putting it mildly.

Alongside some really fine people (Wayne Harper, George East, Cliff Marshall, Roger Sorenson)
there are some monumental donkeys with such severe personality defects, one has to wonder
how they avoid being institutionalized.

David MacRay

You say he has a flight school. You say you talked to the transport weenies in Pacific region.

Leads me to believe the plane is in BC.

If so he could send you or an instructor up to pick up the plane west of here. I meet there with a shiny blue book indicating I'm a PPL and off we go.

I have rarely scared an instructor. Even back when I had not flown for five years. I will pay my own hotels and meals. I might even pay for my own ticket back from sea-tac or somewhere similar.

If I can book him I am willing to go for a ride ( or several rides ) with the instructor I have been up with last year for an hour or several hours and have him tell you how awesome I am at flying 172s. I was planning on waiting until my offspring returned to school but I could try for sooner. Depending on the schools schedule.

I would also be willing to go for a check ride with the insurance companies choice of instructor if he doesn't want to send an instructor, I would pay for that instructor and fuel or rental, I need to go fly an instructor around anyway so I'm ok doing that.

Once the insurance company is happy. I can bring it right to his home base or wherever he wants in the continental United States.
David MacRay

You should have took advantage of last week when I was driving around BC and my wife wanted to be in the US. She could have drove across the boarder to pick me up as long as the Canadian airport had a secure place to park her trailer.

I understand if you don't want crazy people around your buddies plane. Ask Scudrunner and John, I'm the good/fun kind of crazy.
Colonel

You got the import paper for CBP?

Also the 2019 decal and EAPIS for everyone on
board, plus of course a flight plan - don’t forget to
open it - and a squawk code.

Current passports plus six months, and don’t forget
you need a US destination address with zip code.
David MacRay

No, I was relying on Nark's friend the purchaser to have arranged a few things, I was never claiming to be a broker, qualified ferry pilot or holder of a CPL looking for compensation.

If I was I would have privately sent a message with a contact phone number.

I was possibly foolishly offering to be a Canadian PPL holder who I probably wrongly thought could fly across the boarder again in a Canadian registered plane, but in adition to lacking the CBP paper, I might suddenly be too busy in addition to less than able to help.

I'm pretty sure I would have elected to leave from an airport with class C and controller and been able to open a flight plan somehow as well as getting a transponder code. Maybe not.

Hopefully Nark or someone at least smiled.

I should not have opened my flapping mouth. Don't worry I probably won't learn from it either.  :-X
Colonel

Not sure what PPL vs CPL has anything to do with border crossing paperwork.

I apologize for there being so much paperwork to cross the border. 

I shouldn't have made it, I guess.
Nark1

I want to say the plane is in Alberta, of all places... 

I think this is a fruitless effort.  I don’t have the spare time to go grab it for him, plus I’m pretty sure he’s a cheap ass and wants to save a few $$ by having a buddy fly the entire way down to AZ. 

All this said, I wouldn’t mind getting a TC ATP. 
Colonel

Easy.  Get a medical, write the test.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviati ... html#toc63

PS  WTF do you do with an FAA ATP-SEL or ATP-SES?
Nark1

I can’t think of anything an ATP-SEL is useful for.  Which in turn also makes a SES about as useful as a pair of tits on a bull. 

🤷🏼‍♂️ No idea. 
David MacRay

I'll post more. Remember my musings are intended for entertainment purposes. No wagering please.

There's a nice grass strip at DelBonita on the border, if we land there, after the paper work is done the buddy can fly away and my daughter can pick me up on the Canada side.

I would bring a passport but might not need it there if I stay on my side.