Times are a changing

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scuba_Steve

Fresh out of school and into a Boeing.  Far cry from my days on the ramp in the late 90s.

I'd be curious to know if Sunwing has them on a different pay scale, when Jazz did this a few years back they were slotted into the regular scale like anyone else. 

[url=http://www.therecord.com/news-story/715 ... l.facebook]http://www.therecord.com/news-story/715 ... l.facebook[/url]

ScudRunner-d95

5000 hours and Time on type to fly a ho when I got started. Kids these days
Eric Janson

I'm sure we'd all have gladly accepted this opportunity had it been available in the past.

I've done plenty of flying with 250hr cadets - some of them have developed into extremely competent Pilots.

I've flown with a 19 year old First Officer on the 757 - he could fly the aircraft across the Atlantic but he couldn't rent a car in Canada! Very sharp guy - you only had to show him once.

I don't buy the safety argument against this - plenty of accidents involving high time experienced crews (see Montego Bay).
ScudRunner-d95

Ya I probably would have been all over that like a fat kid on a smartie, but then I would have missed the best  flying of my career.

I wonder what the pay is ? Do they have a different scale for the noobs ?
Scuba_Steve

One of my best FO's ever was a 250 hr guy, we did our Lear 35 initial together, by the time he had 1000 hours he was better than most of the captains I was working with.  Not saying it isn't possible, I guess its the new world we live in.

And yes I would have been all over this like a fat kid on a smartie when I was first starting out, however, I wouldn't trade my experience up north and overseas for anything. 

Cheers