New WJ commercial

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

Stop it. Obviously we don't want the co-pilot crashing while the Captain is in the rear lav with a plunger.

I think it would be a better world if everyone picked up after themselves and maybe held a door for the peasants once in a while.

Chuck Ellsworth

I had a group of instructors who sat around drinking coffee and B.S.'ing every day when they were not flying.

But there was one instructor who when he came to work cleaned the airplanes inside and out and when there was no airplanes to clean he swept the hangar floor and helped the mechanics fix airplanes.

When I was doing charters with the twin I took him and he ended up with a multi IFR rating on his license.

The next year I gave him a helicopter pilot license on the company money, he paid zero for all that training.

The other instructors bitched about him being the company pet.

The stupid bastards never did figure out that that pilot actually worked for the ratings while they sat on their asses.
mmm...bacon

^ Word.
Chuck Ellsworth

:) :) :) :) :)
John Swallow

Chuck is right.  Sounds like we got some wannabe prima donnas who consider straightening seats and crossing lap belts below their station in life.  They would have been right at home in the early days of BOAC when "THE CAPTAIN" not only refused to ride to the hotel with the rest of the crew, he stayed at a different hotel. 

The halcyon days of "Captain as God" are long gone; that time when Bank Managers, School Principals, Men of the Cloth, etc were held in high esteem and seen as a cut above the rest of the rabble.  Turns out we pilots are just like the rest; well paid bus drivers with a bit of talent and skill, you might say.  But, bus drivers, nonetheless...

Too good to fold lap straps? 

Not good enough to be on my team, I'd say.

Big Ears Teddy

[quote author=mmm...bacon link=topic=4599.msg12008#msg12008 date=1476986681]
^ Word.
[/quote]Yes.
Strega

[quote][font=Verdana][size=2px] But, bus drivers, nonetheless...[/size][/font][/quote]

Does a city bus driver clean his or her bus and the end of a shift?

Shiny,

Im not beyond doing anything, Im just saying I think it is ridiculous there is a captain of a jetliner is walking the aisle with a bag collecting snotty tissue paper.  Whats next?  is the captain supposed to plunge the shitter to be seen as "helping out"?