Clint Eastwood's new movie: Sully in the Hudson

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Blinder

[quote author=Nark link=topic=3911.msg10451#msg10451 date=1471062425]
Okay Blinder...
I did go to war.

There is certainly a pussification pandemic going on.
[/quote]

Which war did you go to?  If it was one of these recent ones where you were all but guaranteed victory because it was against a tiny nation... then I'd guess I have to agree with this 'pussification' but not in the way you intended, I think.

The west should have invaded North Korea in 2006 when they became a nuclear power.... but that would have neither been possible or profitable.

Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]You probably
don't even have even one ATP.[/quote]

I have ATP's in USA....Europe...Australia and Canada, but that does not mean I am a great pilot.

It means I went through the mind numbing process of passing bureaucracy.....which means I must love to be tortured .

Chuck Ellsworth

The UK is worse than Canada as a place to live..

Especially their immigration policies which by the way the health care system just can not keep up with.

David MacRay

It's true that our system is pretty good. I can't imagine the bill for my mom's final month in ICU.

Around six and a half years before they sent her home to die of intestinal cancer like her mom. We spent some time saying goodbye basically. Then one of the doctors at the Tom Baker Cancer center suggested they try a procedure they had been talking about. She at the point of trying anything.

They cut out all they could then did a hot chemo bath. Basically they had her opened on the operating table and poured hot chemo fluid all over and let it go where it wanted. It was a total success for her giving her another six years of pretty decent quality of life to spend with grandkids.

At the same time I was a bit disturbed to see people in beds behind a curtain in a hallway because Calgary lacked rooms between the time King Ralph blew up the General Hospital and we were waiting for the new South Calgary to open.

There are now transitional problems. We have more hospital space, but with the price of oil putting us in our place economically, our population might shrink. Perfect time for the ndp to take power so we can blame everything on them.
David MacRay

Back to the Tax debate.

I saw something claiming Mike Phelps has to pay $55000 tax for this years gold medals. Anyone know about that? Sounds like Internet Bologna but makes me wonder.
Liquid Charlie

[quote][font=Verdana][size=2px].which means I must love to be tortured .[/size][/font][/quote]

So this is what I picture when dealing with bureaucratic bull shit. So here is a good one. My mother who is 98 yrs old was advised buy OHIP that she has to apply for a new health card. What the Fuck she has held one since OHIP festered all over us in the 60's. They tell she needs to prove she is a canadian citizen. They won't accept a passport that is more than 5 years old. Yup, I'm thinking "go public" Silly fuckers never think things through and just believe everyone is 30 something. Pass the KY, I'm going into that room.

[img]https://fetters-img.s3.amazonaws.com/ourstore_5.jpg[/img]
David MacRay

[quote author=Liquid Charlie link=topic=3911.msg10578#msg10578 date=1471488762]
I'm thinking "go public"
[/quote]

Me too.
Colonel

I love government bureaucrats [size=1pt]at the bottom of the ocean[/size]

The taxpayer always gets good value from them [size=1pt]in some Liberal wet dream[/size]
David MacRay

Hey guys guess what number reply this is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.