This forum has no standards.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Air Mail

[quote author=HiFlyChick link=topic=3239.msg9172#msg9172 date=1465057824]
[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=3239.msg9138#msg9138 date=1464988034]
...The question I have is if we are so inferior to him why does he read this forum?
[/quote]

Ummmmm.... couldn't the same question be asked of the people on this forum that constantly complain about AvCanada....?
[/quote]

We don't see those other guys as inferior.  It's the mods there that think they are Gods gift to aviation... forums, loool.

ScudRunner-d95

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 8&t=109275

My new favorite thread especially hockalogies post
Colonel

[quote]Avcanada has just become boring[/quote]

The grim young men there have put enormous
effort into making that happen.  It's the essence
of political correctness.
Big Ears Teddy

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=3239.msg9204#msg9204 date=1465143807]My new favorite thread especially hockalogies post[/quote]That thread has now been "sanitized". They took down Hock's last post.
Chuck Ellsworth

The fun part of this is a lot of them are above us in their minds, but they read what we say here and then moan to each other on Avcanada about how inferior some of us are.

Well I may not be up to their standards PC wise but at least if they google my name I did have an very successful career and managed to collect a lot of licenses to teach in a lot of countries.....

...and I was paid very well for it.

BCPilotguy

[quote author=HiFlyChick link=topic=3239.msg9172#msg9172 date=1465057824]
[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=3239.msg9138#msg9138 date=1464988034]
...The question I have is if we are so inferior to him why does he read this forum?
[/quote]

Ummmmm.... couldn't the same question be asked of the people on this forum that constantly complain about AvCanada....?
[/quote]

For a forum that was created to escape the tyranny of Avcanada there does seem to be something of an unhealthy obsession with the personalities and goings on of the other site on here.  Who cares what they say or do over there?  I've been frequenting Avcanada for over a decade and frankly I really miss how it used to be (it was a hell of a lot more fun!), but there's plenty of aviation to talk about without worrying about what some knobheads who don't post here have to say. 

[youtube][/youtube]

I voted for this guy's party specifically because I don't give a fuck about what anyone else does: 

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=3239.msg9165#msg9165 date=1465016200]

[img width=500 height=333]http://www.ipolitics.ca/wp-content/uplo ... /Moen2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Though I do give a fuck about seeing so many threads degenerate into a bitchfest about people and a place that doesn't matter anymore.  If we're so much better over here let's show it by not even acknowledging them rather than by obsessing over them.
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=BCPilotguy link=topic=3239.msg9212#msg9212 date=1465164882]Though I do give a fuck about seeing so many threads degenerate into a bitchfest about people and a place that doesn't matter anymore.  If we're so much better over here let's show it by not even acknowledging them rather than by obsessing over them.
[/quote]
This x1000.  Can we all just call a moratorium on gripes about other fora and the characters therein?
Chuck Ellsworth

You guys are correct and seeing as it was me that started this clusterfuck I am going to resolve to forget what others think and move on to aviation related stuff.

So here is a question for all you out there.

Can a helicopter bunt over in auto rotation like a gyroplane can and if it can what flight path would be required?

Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=3239.msg9215#msg9215 date=1465169288]
Can a helicopter bunt over in auto rotation like a gyroplane can and if it can what flight path would be required?
[/quote]
You mean where the airflow is going from the top of the rotor to the bottom?  This is totally out of my ass but could you dive for speed, raise the nose then shove it down hard?  Can't imagine why you would want to do it but I guess that might be a way.