Cessna 180 numbers.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Nark1

I've been thinking about trading up to a 180. I don't need to go fast, but I'd like a little more utility than what the Stinson offers.  I can land on a dime, but takeoff I at least need a loony. The 150 ponies and wing don't seem to like sub 1000'.

I'm not really concerned much with performance, but rather fuel and oil consumption.  Cruise #'s with and without floats.

Mostly planning phase now. I wouldn't do anything until late 2017/18 at the earliest anyway.

-Chris

David MacRay

That's what we need for fishing!

I know, I'm not chipping in enough funds.
Nark1

Thanks. Pipe dream right now, but on the horizon...

Dave, when are you coming down for a hop around the patch? I'm going to try to make Oshkosh for camping this year.
David MacRay

I'm not sure if there are budgetary constraints. We were considering going to the puget sound area during AirVenture this year.
Nark1

I've found a bird, but it has a little over 12,000 TT 1500 ish SMOH.
The kicker is I know the director of Maintenance very well, that maintained this bird under part 135 in Alaska.

What sort of time or life limit parts would be an issue with a 12000hr gal?
ScudRunner-d95

Good thing about the cessnas are the parts on many models are interchangeable and common and easy to source.
Colonel

On a high time Cessna, I would do the SID.  It's
not required by AD for part 91, but ...

[url=https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/dyn ... dynVal=240]https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/dyn ... dynVal=240[/url]

If in doubt, ask an AvCan moderator about them -
they claim to know everything about aviation.