Amber Wonko trying to impregnate Buffalo Joe

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/buf ... -1.3379716]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/buf ... -1.3379716[/url]

TC is as professional as they ever are:

[quote]According to Taboada, pressure for McBryan to step down were both subtle and not-so-subtle.

After the meeting, he received a call from an acquaintance working for Transport Canada.

"He goes: 'Is Joe going to be flying the DC-3?' I said: 'He's a pilot! Sure! Why not?' He goes: 'How are you going to control Joe on day-to-day operations?'," Taboada said.

"And I said: 'How am I going to control him? I can get a rope, I can tie him up and take a picture? Is that what you want?'"

Three weeks into the suspension, Taboada says he's worried that costs will spiral out of control, leaving the company on poor footing to resume operations. McBryan has refused to lay off any of his employees, meaning that the airline is paying salaries and other costs, but is not taking in revenue.

Taboada says he feels that Transport Canada is not treating Buffalo fairly.

In an e-mail, Transport Canada spokesperson [b]Amber Wonko[/b] said that "Transport Canada continues to [s]fuck over[/s] work with Buffalo Airways in view to addressing the safety concerns identified."[/quote]

If Joe were not a white guy that spoke english,
he would not be treated this way.

This has nothing to do with safety.  TC doesn't
give a shit about safety - everyone knows that.

Chuck Ellsworth

Joe is still paying his employees.

I thought he was a heartless prick?

The answer of course is get rid of Buffalo and let it run as Amber Wonko Airways with Amber running it and flying the DC3.
Eric Janson

[quote author=Colonel link=topic=1558.msg5420#msg5420 date=1451004836]

If Joe were not a white guy that spoke english,
he would not be treated this way.

This has nothing to do with safety.  TC doesn't
give a shit about safety - everyone knows that.
[/quote]

Just a small correction - Joe isn't a white guy.

Agree with everything else you've said. The whole thing looks like a vendetta.

I'm sure Joe has lawyers looking at this - hopefully this is going to become an expensive lawsuit.

@Chuck

Most of the comments about Joe come from people who either don't know him or would last about 5 minutes at Buffalo Airways.
Colonel

[quote]Joe isn't a white guy[/quote]

Wow - people sure are hard on the Irish:

Chuck Ellsworth

Most people who diss Joe's operation would not get to fly for Joe for five minutes because he would not hire them to start with.

I have known Joe ever since he started and trust me Joe knows how airplanes should be flown.

I first met him when I was flying the DC3 and DC6 for NWTA.

Eric Janson

[quote author=Colonel link=topic=1558.msg5434#msg5434 date=1451147182]
[quote]Joe isn't a white guy[/quote]

Wow - people sure are hard on the Irish:[/quote]

I wasn't talking about Irish.

Back to the topic.
Walter Sobchak

I wonder why they keep crashing planes?

Reading between the lines I'm picking up a strong getter done no matter what vibe from these guys. Combining that with old machines habitually flying very overweight seems like a recipe for disaster. To an admittedly far away observer with no first hand knowledge at least.

Chuck Ellsworth

I see TC is concerned that Joe might still fly the DC3 on the sked run, why don't they just cancel Joe's pilot license and solve that problem.

These old school pilots should have been grounded decades ago, compared to today's highly skilled and exceptionally knowledgeable pilots I can't believe TC still lets these inept pilots fly the public around.

Colonel

[quote]why don't they just cancel Joe's pilot license[/quote]

I expect that will happen soon.  TC will come
up with some bullshit "cognitive dissonance"
diagnosis and pull his Category One medical.

It's like in a nasty divorce - the woman always
claims that the man beat her and sexually molested
the children.  It's really slimy, made-up crap
but that's just the way this paper bullshit goes.
Liquid Charlie

[quote][font=Verdana][size=5px]These old school pilots should have been grounded decades ago,[/size][/font][/quote]

Damn - let me get my walker so I can get to my aircraft  >:D