How can we get more members here?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

That might work or just big enough that pilots can read it on final at a few airports. Maybe stickers placed where pilots hang out. Make sure you spell it right. :P

If someone is going to decide I'm stupid because I can't spell surprise, I can live with that. On the other hand the day I could not find this forum because I was google searching "skudrunner" was a bummer.

I would much rather this forum grew slowly or not at all. I hope some posters that are here like hiflychick became braver to start and participate in more conversations again.

The other place is huge and I don't enjoy it anymore. Everything turns into a fight then there needs to be policing next thing the mods look like they are overbearing. For me any benefit is lost to that.

There is one poster there that I quite like, problem is he enjoys fighting with the colonel. I just did not invite him. All the other posters I like I invited and they came over. They are just quality posters that are too busy for high volume. I much prefer waiting for their quality content.

It would be nice to have several planes that can do different things. A nice champ or cub for leisure, a nice Cherokee six for the family, a nice Boeing for traveling. But I would rather have just one good airworthy plane than the entire Arizona USAF boneyard. Even though it would be great fun to have that, it would be more enjoyable to be able to actually go flying instead.

Scud's forum is much better than pprune which is kind of sleepy.

Colonel

[quote]he enjoys fighting with the colonel[/quote]

Hey!  All is forgiven.  Last time I was in the
'Peg, I spent the evening spooning with CID
in front of the fireplace with a very nice bottle
of merlot.
David MacRay

Yeah maybe I should relax and let everyone carry on.

I just don't see the point of fighting all the time. Sure people disagree. I think we are able to do it in a more civil manner if we choose. Even on the Internet, anonymous or not.

Sometimes I wonder if society getting ready to prove me wrong. Hopefully not.

I vote we rise above and set an example.
Colonel

[quote]set an example[/quote]

Maybe you could take up hot air ballooning?

[img][/img]

I hear it's quite relaxing.
David MacRay

I almost bought one a few decades ago.
Probably wouldn't find it very relaxing as I drift somewhere I did not want to go.  :-\

Plus contrary to popular opinion my hot air is not sufficient to fly without propane.
Colonel

Propane is incredibly cheap these days.

Was at costco recently and bought two
20 lbs refills (love that BBQ!).

It was $19.19 including HST and I said
no, I want two 20lb refills, not one.

Guy replied, that is for two!
jump154

Love Costco propane. With the savings on propane refills, and the cheap gas (15c/l saving over my town), driving past Costco more than offsets the additional travel time caused by my club moving from Guelph to KW.

(Note I'm not counting in the excessive Costco cookie purchases - that's food and a different budget.)
jump154

[quote author=HuronPotentialConflict link=topic=729.msg2869#msg2869 date=1441291613]
[quote author=Dick link=topic=729.msg2866#msg2866 date=1441290692]
Love Costco propane. With the savings on propane refills, and the cheap gas (15c/l saving over my town), driving past Costco more than offsets the additional travel time caused by my club moving from Guelph to KW.

(Note I'm not counting in the excessive Costco cookie purchases - that's food and a different budget.)
[/quote]

I just never understood why I can't buy a single bag of bagels. Probably makes me a bad person lmao. Buying things in increments of two just doesn't make sense when some people will default to zero.
[/quote]

Think freezer.

I don't buy their bagels as they are too large.

the wife likes to buy 24 months worth of various toiletries at a time, which stretches our storage space.. I'm more selective.

Cookies, and meat.

And Olives, for some reason.
Gravel Digger

I'm ready to huck a damn bagel at your head, ya cheap bastard.  O0
ScudRunner-d95

is that an anti Semitic remark? C:-)