Its Oshkosh ....Bitch

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

GoBoy, did you fly anything down south?

GoBoy

David MacRay wrote: GoBoy, did you fly anything down south?
No David
I drove down  as I buy and sell vintage aircraft parts so need my truck for transporting items
Every once in a while I will fly or get a request from an owner to fly their aircraft down for them
Every pilot should fly to Oshkosh at least once . park the airplane , sleep under it .....that's known as the "Oshkosh Experience "
Had a great time as usual and look forward to next year already
David MacRay

I might have miss-heard/imagined it but I thought you had mentioned flying someone's plane last time.

I sat in a home built the other day at the bush flying museum in Missoula Montana. I could not get both arms inside at the same time. I guess it was not the type for me. Pity, it was a nice yellow biplane.
David MacRay

My daughter took a picture of me sitting in it but I did have to turn my shoulders a bit to fit in. I don't think I would be able to safely fly it.

I am a pretty big guy. I sat in the P-51 Old Yeller once. Similar problem. It was a special privilege to sit in it so I did not adjust the seat but at the height it was at I was too tall to close the canopy.

I'll see if there is a photo on their website.
David MacRay

Here is a link to their gallery.

http://www.museumofmountainflying.org/gallery.html

It is in the top right photo. Just past the gift shop. It seems to be a mono high wing that looks like a Pitts. It is there with a DO NOT TOUCH sign on it that has not crossed out. So I removed the extra cusions from the seat and hopped in. It was a tight fit.
Tailwind W10

Not much of a view to identify it, the swept back wing makes my best guess a Stolp SA-500 Starlet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolp_SA-500_Starlet

Basically a parasol version of the Starduster.

Gerry
David MacRay

That could be it. Sorry I did not really pay enough attention to it after I did not fit. I looked at the pictures from my daughter's phone. It looks right except the wheel pants and the cockpit opening is different, it is higher in the front and the back is not round.

I think you might have it though Tailwind.
GoBoy

Yo Henpecked Bitches !    :-[ >:D

Tickets for Oshkosh 2016 are now available  ;D
Time to start working on the other half for permission  to go  ;)

Get at 'em 
Tons-o-fun

Went this year for the first time. Flew in and camped under wing. Unreal Place!

One complaint I have though is trying to find an adult beverage in the evening. We asked probably 100 People if there was a bar or a place to hang out after dark. No one had a clue or said off site in town.

Now some of the best alcoholics I know are Pilots so was rather let down.

To me they're losing out big time on revenue!
Liquid Charlie

One complaint I have though is trying to find an adult beverage in the evening. We asked probably 100 People if there was a bar or a place to hang out after dark. No one had a clue or said off site in town.
Go down town -- it's a university town -- there are plenty of watering holes --  ;)