How Many Lockheed 12s were Airworthy Last Week?

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
Slick Goodlin

Could all be moot in this accident anyways, for all we know the locking mechanism seized and they’d done everything right with no indication it was all about to go sideways.

Nark

From the idiot himself:
The owner was life flighted out first as his blood loss and respiratory damage was critical. There was a passenger on the flight
Sitting directly behind me but his foot was pinned in. My left foot was equally pinned in and there was nothing we could do. Your leg has two bones in it and I knew mine was badly broken because my foot was still connected but just dangled like a piece of jello. Local EMS used cutting and jaw devices to make enough space to free the passengers foot and they pulled him out. I was last to get out and one more piece of metal had to be moved in order to do that. Once it was cleared, the EMS guy grabbed me by the armpits and said “on 3. This is gonna hurt.”
The leg had to be bent further backwards to get it out but I knew it would work. I came out backwards and upside down using his body as a sliding board, but alive…and we didn’t burn alive! From impact to me getting out was one hour and 40 minutes.

All I can say is that the pilot/owner is a great guy and our flight path, and mission was perfect and unrelated to the bizarre left pull at low speed at the very end. Amazingly it was a very low speed collision and occurred after the actual landing had long been completed.

I will include more info on Sunday nights video with pictures and the landing video shot from outside.

I am totally fine - able to respond to texts and messages on here. All my vitals are perfect and appetite is normal.

Thank you again everyone, some super important takeaways from this one
that I intend to go into detail on soon.

Leave a message here! I’m in this bed and bored! At this point, even insults are gladly accepted! We’re all alive. That’s all that matters. -Dan
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

From impact to me getting out was one hour and 40 minutes.
The good news is that should have given him plenty of time to lock the tailwheel after the accident.